9 "I hope you'll burn in hell."

"Betty, are you at home?" I asked when I went home. My daughter sat in the kitchen and read a book. I smiled at her.

"I am," she answered quietly.

"I have something to tell you," I murmured as I took my heels off. FP exhausted me and the only thing I dreamed about was to lie down and sleep.

"What?" she asked, and I bit my lip.

"I'm going on a short vacation with Hermione, Fred," I replied with a smile. "And with ... FP" I muttered softly, hoping that my daughter did not hear it.

"Mom, I really don't know what's happening to you," Betty shook her head and rose from the table. She came up to me.

"Hey! You should be happy because you can be with Jughead alone this whole weekend" I shrugged and she bit her lip.

I knew she liked it. I also knew that Betty didn't care that FP and Gladys are married. The only thing I didn't understand, why did she care so much about me and FP?

"Do you insinuate something?"

"No. I know you're happy," I murmured, and she sighed heavily.

"Do you need help with packing?" she asked and I laughed.

"No, thank you" I hugged her. "I can handle it," I added and kissed her on the cheek.

I went to the stairs but stopped halfway.

"Ah, Betty ..." I said and turned to look at my daughter.

"Yes?"

"It will be good for you to stay at Veronica's during my absence," I smiled slightly and he nodded.

"I think it won't be a problem," she added and I smiled. Then went into the bedroom.

~~~~~

I sighed heavily frustrated. I pulled out all the clothes from the wardrobe and I didn't know what to pack for such a short trip.

I grabbed the phone and called Hermione. She answered right away.

"I do not know what to pack," she said, and I laughed softly.

"I have the same problem," I said. "I feel like a teenager"

"I was wondering if I should ask Veronica for help. I am desperate"

"And I'm more stressed," I murmured.

"Now, when I think about it, I'm also stressed, I'm leaving for the weekend with my ex-lover, in the absence of my husband at home. This isn't normal."

"It's completely normal in Riverdale," I murmured and began packing my jeans and blouses into the suitcase. "By the way ... Where is Hiram?"

"In New York, doing some dirty business ..." Hermione's voice was embarrassed.

"Did you kill him?" I asked with hope in my voice and she snorted.

"No! Alice, what nonsense!"

"Hermione, tell me the truth!"

"Alice, I tried to kill him twice and he survived every time ... He is indestructible"

I sighed and sat on the bed. I looked at my feet. I would definitely need a pedicure before leaving ... I started to massage one foot.

"Are you playing cat and Mouse? Because you try to kill each other and you're still alive "

"Alice ..."

I know, I was honest, but I didn't intend to behave as if I didn't know anything. Anyone with a little intelligence in this town, can easily guess that Hermione and Hiram are trying to come to power at all costs.