21 "New clothes, new me!"

I decided not to tell Betty about my miscarriage. I didn't want to give her worries.

I got up in the morning, took a long bath and dressed in a flimsy floral dress. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. It wasn't my style. I didn't feel well in such a colorful version.

I undressed the dress and went to the wardrobe. I pulled out a black leather skirt, a black top and a checkered red shirt that I wrapped around my hips.

I looked at myself in the mirror again and smiled. I had to definitely go shopping and buy new Southside clothes.

I spent the whole morning segregating my clothes in the closet. I packed my pastel skirts and shirts into a large black bag. I pulled a box with my serpent jacket from the bottom of the wardrobe.

I heard the door crash. Betty had come back from school. I went down with the black bag and the only thing I heard was 'wow'.

"Elizabeth, help me," I said. Betty came up to me and carried bag to the basement.

"it's do heavy. What's in there?" Betty asked.

"I accidentally kill one of our neighbour" I said seriously. She open her eyes wide.

"Mom?!"

"Just kidding." I laughed. "Half of my old, pastel, clothes" I said. "and yes, we have to go shopping, my wardrobe is almost empty," I sighed, and Betty looked at me in surprise.

"Mom, I don't recognize you" Betty shook her head and I smiled at her.

"Elizabet..." I laughed softly and touched her daughter's chin.

"Mom?"

"We need to rearrange the whole house." I said. "And by the way I have to buy a new vehicle"

"Mom, but we have a car"

"I didn't say anything about the car, Betty." I smiled broadly, and my daughter opened her eyes wide.

"No, mom," she shook her head, and I smiled even wider. "No, please. Don't tell me you want to buy..."

"Yes, Betty. I want" I sighed. "I have your father's bloody money so I want to use them." I added.

"I heard about Gladys and FP" she said and I nodded.

"Yes... I know it's difficult. But I don't have any idea that they decided to end their mariage" I said sadly.

"No, mom. Jughead and JellyBelly don't blame you. Me neither" she said with a smile.

"Thank you, Betty." I smiled. "It's hard for me too" I whispered and touched my belly. It was really hard.

"Don't be sad! Come on let's go shopping!" she said and hold my hand. We went to my car and drove to the town center.

After shopping, Betty returned home by car, and I rode the motorcycle. My daughter couldn't believe that I was able to buy a motor until the very last moment.

I drove to the store, where I parked in the parking lot. I pulled off my helmet and shook my head so my hair would lie down comfortably on my back.

I heard a whistle from near the shop and looked in that direction. Sweet Pea, Fangs, Cheryl with a few other Serpents.

"Auntie, is that you?" Cheryl asked and I smiled..

"Hmm, yes, I can say I'm going back to the wrong side of tracks," I shrugged.

"Holly shit, nice machine!" said Fangs.

"Thanks" I smiled and went to them.

"You look very sexy in this costume ..." When I heard these words from Sweet Pea's lips, I was blushing.

"If I was your age, I would certainly go on a date with you, but now it's too late," I said and gently tap him on the cheek with my finger. He blushed.

"Okay, kids, that's enough! Go back to school!" I heard Gladys. Oh God, no!

I looked at her, not knowing how to behave, but she only smiled at me, Kids leave us alone after a while.

"Gladys ..." I started, but she waved her hand.

"I'm sorry," she said, and I opened my mouth in surprise.

"What for?" I asked.

"For the fact that I behaved like a teenager and not like an adult woman" she came closer to me. "Even when I knew that my marriage with FP was a farce, I tried to pull it at any cost. I was destroying FP, myself and our children. I'm sorry for this inscription on the door I didn't know why I do that. Emotions carried me." with every next sentences I was more surprised and shocked.

"I have an affair, I have a mistress and we are well and ..." she sighed, and I smiled at her and stretched out my hand to her.

"Truce?" I asked with a smile.

"Truce" replied and grabbed my hand. There was an awkward silence.

"Do you want Ice coffee to drink?" she asked with a smile and I nodded.

"I thought you'd never ask." I laughed.

We went towards the caffee shop.

"You look very sexy in this" she said, and I smiled broadly.

"I know, I look sexy in everything." I shrugged and she laughed softly.