10 "Will you stay with me?"

We entered the hotel and checked in at the reception. We got two lovely apartments for couples. It was all weirder.

FP and I entered the room and sat on the bed. He looked at me and sighed.

"What happened?" he asked and knelt before me. He grabbed my hands.

"I don't know, FP. Doesn't it seem strange to you?" she asked, stroking his hand.

"What?"

"That just four of us are here? That Fred has won this trip? I have a strange feeling," I murmured in a low voice.

"Alice, last weeks have been tiring for you ... try to relax," he said with a smile, and I shrugged. I looked into his eyes.

"FP, tell me the truth, are you also involved in this game that Hal leads?" I asked quietly, and he frowned.

"No," he answered quickly and shook his head. It was too quick a response. I was a little bit tense.

"That ... it's good, I don't want anything to happen to you," I whispered softly. "I would like to know when it will end"

"Alice, tell me about it ..."

"FP, Hal keeps calling me and telling me to do different things. I don't know why I'm scared, I suggested him a meeting to talk, but he doesn't want to. He tortures me mentally, FP ... I'm scary" I whispered, and my body shook with sobbing. I took a deep breath, and FP hugged me.

"The next time he calls you, give him to me," he whispered, and I shook my head.

"No" I whispered and I began to cry again. Suddenly, my phone rang. I raised my shaking hand and looked at the screen.

"Is it him?" he asked FP, and when I did not answer, he grabbed the phone and picked up the call.

"Hello, Hal, are you having a great time torturing Alice?"

FP was pissed off. I saw it in his eyes, I heard it in his speech. I was in a sense pleased, because I knew he would protect me.

"I'd love to meet you, Harold, don't you think it's going to be fair? You versus me? We'll see who's gonna win this fight." When the FP said it, I began to worry about him not going too far.

FP turned on the phone for a speakerphone.

"This idiot wants to talk to you," he murmured, and I swallowed.

"Yes?" I asked quietly, trying to make my voice sound normal.

"What would Gladys say that FP is on vacation with you? I can tell her that her husband is cheating on her with her enemy! That would be a drama"

"How can you know that, Hal?!" growled FP, and Hal laughed.

"Let's say I'm close to you, is that enough for you?"

I looked sadly at FP and tears ran down my cheeks.

"Hal, what else do we have to do? What else do I have to do so you give me peace?" I asked quietly. My chin began to tremble because of restrained crying, so I put my hand on it.

"The finale of this game will be soon!" Hal said loudly. "By the way, Alice ... I never told you I was Hal," he added, and I opened my eyes wide.

"I recognize your voice, Harold, don't pretend!" I shouted loudly, losing control of my nerves slowly. I was manipulated.

FP grabbed me tight and hugged me.

"Sometimes, some obvious things aren't so obvious, I'll leave you with this. I'll call you soon."

"I want to kill myself," I whispered and got out of bed. "Why did you talk to him? Things will get worse, "I shook my head and wiped my tears from my cheeks.

FP came to me and looked into my eyes.

"You told me about Hal's brother ... I know I shouldn't tell you this, Alice, but you must know that he ... that he has a criminal record."

"How is it?" I asked quietly. "Last time I saw him was a few weeks ago, he just came to me and that's all ... He said he'd stopped at a hotel in Riverdale," I muttered quietly.

"You see, Henry disappeared a few days ago without leaving a single trace of him. We've searched everywhere, but the trail is gone every time."

"I didn't know anything ..."

"We kept it secret. Me and my colleagues from work" smiled slightly at me. "I'm sorry I kept it secret"

"It's your job, FP" I shrugged. "If Henry disappeared ... where can he be now? You heard Hal say on the phone. What if Henry and Hal work together?"

"It is very likely" FP stroked my cheek with his hand. "I also want you to know that I was talking to Betty and I promised you protection. If Betty stays at home, then Jughead, some serpents and my police colleagues will stay with her, I swear nothing will happen to her," he smiled, and I nodded my head. I looked at him and kissed him on the lips.

"Thank you for everything, FP" I whispered, and he kissed me on the forehead.

"We take care of our own," he murmured. "Now rest before Hermione and Fred come here," he added, and I nodded. I lay down on the bed and looked at him.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Always," he whispered. That's all I needed to feel safe and fall asleep.