17 "We need to talk to Gladys,"

All I wanted was to have a normal life. Have a loving husband, wonderful daughters and a carefree life like an american dream.

I thought that I found such happiness, but this happiness was like a soap bubble. It quickly disappeared, lasted for a moment, and then dissolved into thin air.

The only thing I had now was one, loving daughter and nightmarish life.

Walking down the street I came across a couple of drunks, taller than me guys who started following me. I accelerated my pace but it didn't help.

"Hey, doll!" I turned abruptly when I heard one of them. My heart beat hard in my chest.

"Where are you going?" he asked the other one.

"Home," I replied. "I'm in a hurry," I said and turned around to go forward. After a moment I felt like one of them caught my hand.

"You should not go home alone" I felt his breath on my ear. He smelled of alcohol. I shuddered.

"Thank you for the proposition, but not this time," I replied and broke away from him.

"It wasn't a proposition," he growled, and I rolled my eyes. Without thinking, I kicked him in the crotch and threw myself into the escape.

I felt that they were running after me, but I didn't turn around. After a while, a motorcycle came to me from behind the bend. I looked at the motorcyclist who came down from the motorcycle.

"Hey! Leave her!" he shouted and pulled off his helmet. I was surprised when I saw Jughead. "Alice, get in!" he added and threw me a helmet.

I quickly got on the motor and put on a helmet. I embraced Jughed at the waist and we drove away.

We stopped by a small cafe, near the center of riverdale. Without a word, we went inside and sat at the table.

"Where did you get from?" I finally asked when we ordered coffee.

"It was a pure coincidence, I went to look for my mother and Jellybelly, because they disappeared somewhere and I just meet you," he replied, and I nodded.

"They came to Pop ... Because ..." I took a deep breath. "I was there with your father, Gladys made a scandal ... I know, I shouldn't tell you that" I looked down at my hands.

"Maybe it's time to talk"

"I think you're right," I sighed.

The waiter brought us coffee, so finally I could drink my caramel latte.

"Is it between you and my dad ... Is this all about sex?" he surprised me with this question. I looked at him.

"No, Jughead, it's difficult to say ... Our relationship has been going on for twenty-five years. You know, in high school we were a couple, I got pregnant ... Now, after all these years, we've renewed our relationship again, but don't worry. it's over, "I said with a sad smile.

"It's probably hard for you," he said, and I shrugged.

"I don't want to break your family, Jughead"

"I want you to know that I don't mind being together. Just mom and Jellybelly returned to Riverdale and things got complicated." he said, and I nodded.

"I know, Jughead," I sighed quietly.

"I also asked my parents to give them one more chance." When I heard these words, something hurt in my heart.

"I understand" I drank some coffee and put my hands under the table to hide their tremors.

"Not because they love, but for the sake of the Jellybean"

"Your family should be together, Jughead."

"I want my father to be happy and if he finds happiness being with you, know that you have my support"

Tears appeared in my eyes when I heard that. I smiled broadly at him.

"Thank you, Jughead, that you understand it, although this is a difficult situation"

"Do you love him?"

"I love" I replied. "But I'm not blinded by this love, I will not take your father away, I will not break your family," I added and smiled at him.

"You and dad had a son, so you are in a sense a family."

I smiled at those words and drank coffee.

~~~~~

I came home by walk. Jughead insisted on giving me a lift, but I preferred to go. At the threshold of my door, I saw a seated FP.

I stopped in the middle of the pavement and looked at him. I opened my mouth, surprised that I had met him here.

"Alice" he jumped up when he saw me. He looked at me with his sad brown eyes, and I smiled comfortingly.

"FP, what are you doing here?" I asked quietly.

"I understood something," he said and came to me. Now we stood close together and looked into each other's eyes.

"What?"

"That I can't lose you this time, Alice," he whispered in a trembling voice. I shivered.

"What about Gladys, FP? You and your kids? You know it's not that easy," I whispered and sighed.

"Alice, I love you" he took my face in his hands.

"I love you too," I replied. "But we have to give it time, you need to talk about it with Gladys, with Jellybean."

"I want you to know that even if I don't speak to you, it doesn't mean that I have forgotten you, I will fight for a divorce," he whispered, and I smiled slightly. He lowered his head to my level and leaned his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and put my hands on his neck.

"I would like to open my eyes now and understand that your marriage to Gladys was just a bad dream, I know I will not, and I regret it," I murmured. "If I did not leave you then ... In high school, we would be together now, bringing up our children"

"We can still be together raising our children," he whispered, and a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'd like my heart to suffer every time I see you with Gladys." I feel something inside the uncertainty that if I believe you ... I will be hurt in a minute because I will see you again with Gladys, "I said and opened my eyes.

"You don't believe me?"

"It's not like that, I believe you," I stroked his cheek. "I'm just afraid to be hurt ... Again," I whispered, and he shook his head.

"I'll never hurt you, and if I will, then you can kick my ass back then." he whispered, and I smiled. He touched my nose and laughed.

"We need to talk to Gladys," I said. "Both," I added, and he nodded.