19 "now I'm not pregnant."

~°~
FP
~°~

I came to Alice's house and knocked on her door. I was surprised when
Hermione opened me. I looked at her.

"Is Alice here?" I asked and Hermione shook her head.

"No," she said.

"Hermione, has something happened?" and she shrugged.

"No, FP. Alice went to her mother for a short vacation, she'll be back in a few days," Hermione smiled. "Go now," she said.

She wanted to close the door, but I put my foot between it.

"Hermione, I know you want to hide something, "I murmured.

"Do you want to check if she's home? "§she pointed at the living room.

If Alice was at home, Hermione wouldn't let me in.

"Hermione, I don't know what's going on here, but I need to talk with Alice, "I added.

"FP, not now," Hermione asked quietly."Not now. "she whispered and shook her head.

I looked at her desperate and sad.

"What happened?"I asked desperately, that Hermione wouldn't close them.

"Alice must tell you about it herself, "she added and I looked at my hands. "FP, she's not here. If she were here she would surely come running to you. She loves you, "Hermione smiled slightly.

I didn't believe her till the end and I decided not to give up. I was surprised that Alice had left suddenly, but I had a way to check it if It's true.

I said goodbye to Hermione and I walked around Alice's house until I found myself at the window to her bedroom. Next to it was a ladder that Alice had always forgotten. I grabbed it and leaned it steadily against the wall. I went up to the ladder and got to Alice's window.

I stopped at the last level and leaned on the window sill, the curtains were half covered, the light was off. 

What if Hermione was telling the truth ... No... I know Hermione well and I know that she did not always tell the truth. I pulled my phone out of my jeans pocket and called Alice. Pulling out the phone was not a good idea, because I lost my balance and almost fell to the ground. I caught the sill at the last moment and clung to him with all my strength.

Alice Smith, why do not you get this damn phone... After a moment, however, I heard the sound of her phone. So she was at home! So why didn't she answer the phone from me? What did I do to her?

I noticed that she left the bathroom, so I leaned in so that she would not notice me. She was crying.

Why did she cry?

Her hair curled into sloppy coca, she was dressed in loose clothes. Damn, I wanted to hug her. I wanted to take her pain away. I didn't want her to suffer. Because she obviously suffered. I didn't know why.

After a while, Hermione came to her and sat down beside her. I saw her stroking her head, talking to her, probably comforting her. Maybe one of her parents died? I didn't want to wish them badly, but her father deserved to die.

~~~~~
ALICE
~~~~~

I have been bleeding for a few days. At first, I thought it was a period. Today I woke up with a big stomach ache and a red sheet. I panicked, so I quickly dressed and went to the hospital for research. They immediately directed me to checkups.

Fucking blood tests. I didn't like needles. I had to wait in the waiting room for my turn and then for the test results. I thought that I will have to wait a few hours, but I got my results amazingly fast.

In addition, the nurse told me to go to the gynecologist. I asked her why, but she didn't want to tell me. I was mad and scary because I was an adult woman who could bear the truth.

"Nurse told me to come here with my blood tests result," I said and handed her a sheet of paper. She nodded. 

"Yes, your research results are worrying."

"Something happened?"

"No, no... Please, lay down on the couch, we'll do an ultrasound scan" I did as the doctor asked me.

During the ultrasound examination, she was silent, and I became more and more stressed.

"Mrs. Smith," she said after completing the USG examination.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry to say this, but you have miscarried," she added, and I looked at her surprised.

"I ... I didn't even know I was pregnant," I whispered in surprise and sat on the couch. "I ... When?" I asked.

Although I didn't know about pregnancy, I was sad.

"Everything points to a large amount of stress and weakness of the body."

"I've had a very stressful time in my life lately ..." I sighed quietly.

"I am very sorry. I will prescribe the right medication and we'll meet at the control visit after three weeks, okay?" she asked, and I nodded.

When she came to the desk, I was still looking at the wall. I was pregnant... I was pregnant with FP but now I'm not pregnant.

I was...

The doctor gave me the prescription and I left the office.

As soon as I got home, I asked Hermione to come to see me. I couldn't be alone now. However, we just barely made a coffee, FP came to my house.

I was scared. I was embarrassed. I didn't want to see him now so I hid in my bedroom and asked Hermione to talk to him. I lay down on the bed and started to cry. I was sad and resentful.

I couldn't meet FP now. How could I look him in the eye and tell me what happened?

 When night came, Hermione went home and I was left alone. Betty was studying with Veronica. 

I closed the front door and went to my bedroom. I sat on the bed. I turned on the bedside lamp and pulled out one of the books Hermione gave me. It was quite interesting, I liked the plot until I heard the crack of breaking branches. I looked at my opened window and the dark silhouette watching me...