14 "I don't wanna see you with her."

A month has passed. The worst month in my life. I ate little, I slept little, because I had Henry in front of my eyes.

I didn't say anything to Betty, but I asked Hermione to get me sleeping pills and sedatives, because the pills from the psychiatrist didn't help me.

I tried to function normally but it was sometimes difficult.

On a sunny Sunday, I went out to the garden to get a little bit of tan. I undressed to my underwear and put myself on the blanket. It was so nice to me, but after a while someone shielded me from the sun. I opened my eyes and looked at the figure in front of me.

"Mom, have you taken medication today?" It was Betty.

"Of course, yes, Betty," I replied, and she shook her head.

"Mom, don't lie to me, I found this today," she pulled out the pills that I got from Hermione. "Do you know that these drugs can make you addicted? Mom!"

"Betty, medicines from psychiatrist doesn't help as quickly as the medicines you have in your hand," I pointed to the pack.

"I'm throwing them away," Betty said, and I shook my head. I stood up and walked to her.

"Betty, don't do this, please," I said quietly, and she looked at me. She put her hands on my shoulders.

"I know it's hard for you, mom, but you have me, and I want to help you," she whispered, and I swallowed.

Maybe Betty was right. Maybe I got too depressed and became addicted to these pills.

"Well, throw it away," I nodded. "I don't want them here," I added, and she smiled.

"Thank you, mom" Betty whispered and hugged me.

"Everything for you"

"Mom, there's one more thing ... Mr. Jones came to talk to you," she said quietly, and I rolled my eyes.

"Say I'm not here," I replied and combed my hair with my fingers. I didn't want to see him.

"He saw your car," she sighed. "Anyway, he is here," she pointed to my back, and I turned abruptly.

Great. I stood in my underwear in front of my ex-lover and my daughter. Could it be worse?

"What are you doing here?" I asked quietly, putting my hands on my hips.

"I came to check how you feel," he replied and lowered his eyes.

"I feel great," I answered with irony in my voice.

"I will leave you alone," said Betty and went into the house.

When we were alone, I took a deep breath.

"Why did you really come here?" I asked and he came to me.

"Henry's body was cremated and the ashes were thrown into the lake. Penelope will soon be in court, but I assure you that she won't get out of jail soon."

"That's very good," I nodded and looked at him.

"I was worried about you" His hand touched my arm. I couldn't allow a man who lied to me to touch me. I took a step back and cleared my throat.

"You don't have to worry about me," I crossed my arms over my chest. "I have worse and better days" I shrugged.

"I wanted to apologize to you," he said and he approached me again. "I never ... I would never make you a bait to get Henry," he whispered softly. His voice was full of emotion, and tears appeared in my eyes.

"Henry told me ... He told me many things and I don't know what to believe, and what not" I shrugged. "It hurts me that you didn't tell me from the beginning that Hal was dead, I was stupid because I believed you," I snorted and shook my head. "Anyway, I always believe you, and then I get out of it the worst"