7 "Are you alone?"

When I left the shop with a dress that was beautiful to me before and now it was my curse, I went to the car.

Apparently, my shopping ended only on this dress. When I walked to the car, I ran into someone.

"I'm sorry ... I ..." I broke off when I saw FP. I blushed slightly.

"Is everything okay, Alice?" he asked, and I looked at him.

Nothing is okay, FP. I'm scared! I'm scared for my life.

"Yes" I smiled broadly.

"New dress?" he pointed to the bag I held in my hand.

"Um, yes. Yes ... I decided to buy something ... New," I said nervously.

"Hal gave you peace?" he asked, and I bit my lip. I saw that he was slightly upset.

Without thinking, I hugged him and breathed a sigh of relief. After a moment, FP hugged me tightly.

"I'm terrified, FP" I whispered softly and looked at him. Tears were running down my cheeks.

"What's happening, Alice?" FP stroked my cheek.

"I can't tell you," I whispered and stepped back from him. "I'm sorry" I went to the car and got into him. I heard FP call me, but I didn't have the courage to turn around. I drove away with a screech of tires and a broken heart.

~~~~~

I went home and threw the dress on the sofa in the living room. I went to the kitchen and pulled wine from one of the cupboards. I didn't have time to think about a glass, so I drank straight from the bottle. I was tired of being manipulated by Hal.

I sat at the table and cried loudly. I knew no one would hear me, so I could cry so loud and for as long as I wanted.

I heard the sound of the phone. I looked at the screen and when I saw the blocked number, I felt sick.

"What do you want?" I asked loudly and drank wine.

"Drinking alone at this early hour?" my ex-husband asked.

"It's not your damn business," I murmured and looked at my bottle.

Shit, I hate this wine. Hopeless in taste and additionally Hal's favorite wine. It's funny that since Hal was arrested by the police, I didn't clean the wine cabinet. I was such a mess.

"I wanted to tell you that our daughter did her first task," he said, and I opened my eyes wide.

"What did you make her do?" I asked loudly and he laughed.

"Nothing much" I heard the frivolity in his voice. "I ordered her to set fire to the headmaster's office, I have always disliked him," he said and hung up.

Oh, God, what did HE do... What did SHE do ... I heard the voice of the fire brigade and took a deep breath. The alcohol in my blood started to work, so I couldn't drive. I decided to run to school.

I noticed a large crowd and my daughter standing near them. She was terrified. I ran to her and looked at her.

"It's okay, Betty, I'm with you" I covered her with my coat. "Let's go home," I said, and she nodded.

"Why are you here?"

"Hal called me ... He told me what happened, I'm not going to blame you, I'm glad you're safe," I whispered quietly, and he shook his head.

"Mom, are you drunk? " she looked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"No! One glass of wine, nothing more," I murmured.