Chapter 5

A/N: Hiii, how are we liking this story so far? Don't forget to comment and leave a like if it's going well for you☺️😘. -Fev

***************

*Christoph's P. O. V. *

"You can't keep doing this and you know it. That was supposed to be a one night thing and maybe an encore to make her feel special!" Beck waved her hands around "What the hell were are you thinking showing up at her house, cuddling with her dog, or even talking her for again for God's sake!" she raged at me.

I decided to actually hang out at Beck's place to spill my guts, but to my dismay they thought I was losing my mind.
Rebecca was sitting next to Beck on the couch while I sat in the armchair across from them. A random movie played in the background for white noise while chewed me out.

Rebecca took a breath and my eyes flew to her as she started too, "yeah, you can't be like a homewrecker, especially if we go to school with her kid. " Rebecca's chimed was an unhelpful argument in my case but there was nothing I could say that would help th understand the pull to Lina. They don't have it, it's intoxicating.

I took a deep breath and looked at the two, they looked at me like I was rubbing my last two brain cells together, just form a decent sentence. Don't get me wrong that's exactly what it felt like when I tried explain my feelings toward her.

I started slowly, "I just can't explain it, okay. It feels like I am completely out of control when it comes to her-"

And just like that Beck started to lose it, she pointed at me, "Chris I swear to God, you better not!"

"Better not what?"

"Love that woman, that married, pet owning, mother!"

I put my hands up in defense, "I don't love her. It's not love, it's-"

"an obsession, a delusion," Rebecca looked at her lover, "About to make my girlfriend have a coniption."

"Hey, stop dogging me out about it, I just like her, okay. Is that a crime now, to like someone!?" I stood up in frustration but sat back down once I met eyes with Rebecca. Those brown orbes were fury and made three shades of fear rum through me all at once.

Rebecca reached out to me, but she didn't touch me she kind of just settled in her words as she spoke,"Chris, it's not a crime, but it's a violation of social construct to ruin a marriage."

I bursted out in frustration again, "She texted me first!"

Beck yelled back of course, " You flirted!"

"She lonely!" I faught back but Beck was angry and she knew better.

"That has nothing to do with you!"

Again I stood up out of pure frustration. They won't ever understand what I feel for her, it's not love, it's just...I didn't know what it is exactly but it's not love. I don't love Lina. I just met her a couple of days ago, that's just not how it works.
I care for her deeply yeah, but love, maybe not. In the short time I've known her, which has been about a week and a half now, I've noticed a very odd change in my day to day.

It's like my life has gotten more simple, yet so much more exciting. It's like a vail has lifted from my dark and slowly turning world. Now everything is in a humble black and white and Lina, Lina is red and she's the only thing catching my eye.

******

"So how was your day after I left?" I asked looking over my shoulder at Lina as she cleaned the kitchen cupboards. She dusted and reorganized and decluttered, everything I've ever wanted in a lover. I took a seat in the chair I always sit in and watched her clean. I would ask but I knew she wouldn't let me help. We've gotten to a point where sex is amazing all the time, but look past all the orgasms and endless scratches and bruises, I just enjoy being in her company. Becks house was stressful and walking into those doors is like total body decompression.

"Well it was uneventful, I went to yoga, had another shower and took Angel out for a walk, and I had to take another shower because apparently mud is just too irresistible, these days," She giggled as she lined up her pastas by type. I was looking af her back the whole time she reached above her head, I didn't miss subtle details either, I looked for them, things I could remember about her when I was all alone. Like the way she curls her lip when shes trying to find the expiration date, or the way her eyes roll when I lay kisses on her inner thighs, or the way she turns the cutest shade of pink when she's trying too hard to reach something.

I just, I want her to be forever etched into my brain, even if we go nowhere, even if she's doesn't like me the way I admire her. I just want the thought of her to bring me back to real life when she's not around anymore and her touch can't.

I'm becoming dependent. I'm slipping into some type of spell, like an idiot.

"That's cute, where is Angel?" I asked looking around. She pointed to the hallway where the Den is, and I nodded understanding the gesture. I've only ever seen her once, every time I come over she's not around like a normal house pet.

"She goes in the Den when I start working, because having a dog is like having a toddler."

I smiled studying her face as she looked over her shoulder again, "What do you mean?"

"If you don't occupy them, they most definitely will occupy you. Grey got her for Bailey as a training buddy."

That name again. Grey.
It was irritating to hear his name. And I knew I couldn't be jealous, I mean I set up camp in his lafe and stole his placeholders. I'm loving Grey's life with his wife, in his house, playing with his dog.

I watched her some more with a small grin on my lips, my eyes briefly caught the clock and rose up from the kitchen table.
"I have to go to work, now," I declared taking my place behind her to rest my parting kisses on her neck.

"You'll come back," she stopped what she was doing and turned into my chest. Our hips were against the counter and her head tilted up at me. Her eyes fell in a desperate needy stare jumping from my lips to my eyes and back again, "tonight?"

I could only watche her for a moment, did I want to come back after work? To be fair I'd spent the last few days with her and I still don't know hardly anything about her. Maybe my friends are right, I'm too invested in something thats bound to go completely down hill. This isn't what I need right now.

I gave up on thinking about it and broke our embrace, and I let my hand fall away from her lower back. I grabbed my jacket in a quick step and threw it on, clutching my car keys in the pocket. I tried not to, but I ended up taking a peek back and her disappointed look of disparity made me feel sorry. It made me feel like, I don't know, obligated.

"Lina, I'll see how I feel after work," I headed for the door then stopped upon her call to me.

"If you don't come tonight, can I have you tomorrow morning?" she reached out for my hand as her eyes trailed the floor then up to mine. She was under my debating gaze and I knew it made her nervous. She wanted more time with me, could I really blame her that?

I nodded,"Okay."
I dorprped her hand and lifted her head with gentle fingers in her chin. Her eyes reached mine and kissed her precious lips that were always waiting for me. The I kissed her for head and that wasy parting gift.

She knew I'd come back but the empath within me could feel the sadness and the anxiety of me leaving. I felt it until I was driving down the street clutching the wheel with a grip that could break glass. She makes me feel weak, like I can't say no to her, I have no control.

Saying 'no' to her is like kicking a kitten, it's just cruel and unnecessary.