Chapter 10

Two phones.

And they both have been occupying me for the past few hours.

Novak has been a queen. A fucking goddess. She's super sweet and funny. Better yet she actually remembered me from last night. She wanted to talk to me more.

Now, Grey's phone is quite active. Apparently Ashley misses him more each day. The blonde guy's name is Pier, he misses Grey too. Which now makes me believe that Grey is back in town rather quickly, which is probably why his phone is still operational.

Maybe he thinks he misplaced it in his house and that's why he hasn't reported it stolen. His lovers are worried about him though.

Not Lina.

I bet she knows.

I bet she knows he's got a girl with kid in Paris, and a boyfriend in Spain.
I bet that's why she stays, she want to be useful, that's how Lina works. That's how Grey treats her; like she needs to deliver to remain relevant.

She wants to be useful enough to be kept. I felt that vibe sometimes when I was with her.
If I got bored she'd initiate sex, or perform for me.
And it worked. I was supposed to be gone after the second time we fucked.

You'll never hear this again, but Beck was right.

I had no business showing up to her place, and petting her dog and letting her take pictures of me. She loved me because I gave her something different, not something meaningful.

It showed.

Bing
Bing
Bing

His phone rang every two second forcing me to silence it.
All of Grey's lovers wanted him like he was water. How did he do that? This one job he uses to support his small town family, gives him the right– the means, to create two other lives.

How does he have the balls?

How does he have the conscience?

How in the hell do they not notice?

Finally, my phone shook in my pocket, pulling my focus away from Grey's handle. The simple idea that I could ruin everything for him rolled through my head but I stopped because I'm not cruel and it's none of my business.

Novak: good morning stranger😇

Me: It's 4 in the afternoon😉

Novak: and you still haven't told me your name. What's the deal?🤔

Me: lol I was so into you last night, I forgot my name😋🥰

Novak: Haha🙄, now spill Casanova☺️

Me: Call me and I'll tell you I've been dying to hear your voice

I waited, there was a long pause between me sending the message and the text bubble popping up and disappeared. And just as I was about to send a defuser like 'no pressure' or something she finally sent the text.

Novak: You might want to go to the hospital then, because that's impossible.

I frowned, confused.

Me: How?

Novak: I don't have a voice, and I can't hear yours😇 I'm deaf🔇