Chapter 16

The days have fallen behind me as I tried to keep my wits. Nova has been spending more and more time with me and that means me at her house, per her request. We cuddle and watch movies but my brain somehow takes two steps backwards when I see Lina walking around the house, or their dog jumps up and lays on me.

I just, I just want Lina back but then Nova kissed me and I need her her in my life.

I can't breathe when I'm around then both.

"Baby, what are you thinking about?" I asked as she started out of window. I kissed her neck q but as she giggled and turned to me. She got up and told me stay put, I did. She went rummaging through her closet then she came out with a box. She sat it o  the bed and stood before me.

"I think mom is cheated on dad," she signed. To say my eyebrows were above my skill wasn't an understatement.

I nearly choked on my own words as I tried to speak. She shook her head like my disbelief was apart of the conversation. She pressed the box at me.

"I found it under her bed, yesterday," she added before she opened it.

I was curious, myself to see what was in the box. My eyes landed on one of my beanies, and a hoodie, Nova moved all of that, and went deeper. A small hand sized painting I made for her, a napkin from a restaurant I took her too out of town, I scribbled a cute note on it about being together forever, and a doodle of a flower. Then more, receipts, with doodles and our names, 'Lina and Chris'.

"The summer when we all left, dad was on a trip, and were off at the Camp. all the receipts are up to June. That's the whole summer," she added, pulling up a photo of me, my back. With the hoodie on, my hand were covered and the dog was walking next me. The day we took a day at the Beach in Newport, just a few hours out.

Then there was more napkins with love notes, a picture our hands her wedding ring was removed. I almost opened my mouth. She kept all of this. Then a photo of our hands again my hand on her thigh, I was looking at the window so my face wasn't in the shot, it was the day she she gave me a watch, a watch that I refused to take, but I wore it for the day. I couldn't bare the idea of taking something so expensive from her.

I'm sure the gift went to Grey.

I was proven wrong when she pushed a side of few more notes I'd written her during outings, pictures I'd taken of her with the disposable Kodak, and smalls paintings I'd done for her sketches of her face. Under all the paper was a box. The wrist watch that she gotten me. My heart slowed down and I melted a bit as I noticed that's he kept it. She didn't get her money back or she didn't regift it to Grey, she kept it.

I swallowed hard, getting a rush of summer back to me.

Suddenly I realized as I looked over, that Nova had tears rolling down her face. I quickly kicked into gear and pushed them away as she hugged me, I hugged her back and kissed her cheeks. I pulled her back so she could see me speak to her.

"I'm so sorry," I spoke softly to her pushing her tears away. She voiced her cries and It broke my heart when she spoke.

"She loved him, that bitch loved him and she just met him this summer, she cheated on my dad a stranger!" I couldn't imagine what she was going through. I would a mess if my parents told me they didn't love each other anymore. But to find a box of the proof is just devastating.

I huffed and apologized again as she hugged me tighter.

"She loves him, I can't believe she loves him!" She kept saying it and I was on the verge of tears because I didn't believe she loved me. But you don't keep garbage from people you don't love.

I cleared her tears and started to put the box of my things back to together as I gave to her and told her to put it back. She nodded and did as I said leaving the room.
I took that as my chance to use the bathroom. I went into the room and close the door as I slid down against it.

I held my face in my hands and my eyes to stop the tears from coming out. I'm in such deep shit.

I pulled my phone put and texted the contact inhaled yet to delete, the excuse of her being Novas mom was keeping her number in my phone.

Me: we need to talk

I'd changed her contact name to LB just incase anything happened.

I sat until I heard the foot steps come back and I got up quickly dashing my hand with water and wiping them on my Jeans to make it look like I'd washed my hands. I opened the bathroom door and strolled put onto the bed with my Girlfriend who was still sulking.

I pulled her close and kissed her head as she leaned into me.

She turned in my arms so face me before signing, "I have to tell my Dad, she cant just get away with this!"

Again for the second time within the hour my eyebrows were exceeding their god g9ven limits.

"No," I shook my head. What does she think, that Greg is going be hurt. He's the piece of shit here, not Lina.
Lina might be a ton of things but a horrible person isn't one and I can't let her paint her mother in that light. Something inside of me can't let her do that to Lina, it can't let Greg get away with his shit either.

"You should let them figure it out on their own," I suggested trying to cover myself.

"She's lying to him Baby, it wouldn't be fair if I knew and didn't tell him," She said shaking her head and sighing leaning back into me. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I knew it was Lina replying to my message.

I really need to talk to her.