Chapter 1

*Christoph's P.O.V*

"I didn't know you had a thing for cougars."
I jumped and turned around to see Beck behind me with a sly smile. I smirked and turned around to keep walking.

"I didn't know you had a thing for eavesdropping," I said tilting my head a bit over my shoulder. She picked up her pace and cut me off  in the middle of the store. I sighed and looked at her with me best "Don't ask" face... But she asked of course.

She slapped my shoulder and leaned forward in a whisper, "So who's mom were you flirting with."

I chuckled and side stepped her as I made my way to the front desk to see what I was need for. Needless to say, Beck didn't get her answer, mostly because I didn't have her answer.

She should've asked if I was trying to fuck, now that, my guys and girls, I can answer.

Not going to, but I can.

***********
Beck looked at me when she stopped in front of my house. I was about to get out of her car until she locked the doors for her and turned to me completely.
The sun had gone down and the streetlights were poring yellow over the residential streets. It looked both irie and beautiful, the way her headlights cut the harsh amber.

"Okay at least tell me her name?" she said pushing her dark long hair our of her face. Her brown skin glowed and her chocolate eyes pleeded with me for information.

She's my best friend, my sister, I tell her everything. She knows my secrets, she's been there since first grade. But for some reason I was compelled to give her the watered-down version of everything, the one without my emotions and the feeling pulling me to Lina.

So I just nodded and spewed my bullshit, "Fine, her name is Lina, all I know is she has a son who plays football, she likes coffee, and she's married. I shot my shot, I don't expect to get anything back." I pushed it all out in one big breath and I watched my friend for feedback but none came. She sat for a moment taking in the information then she slowly started to nod like she could see completely through me. Maybe she did, or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Then the bell of my phone went off letting me know I got a text. I let out a deep breath and pushed the lock open on my door to get out.
"Mom is texting me, I have to go, see ya Becks, and tell Rebecca I said hey." I left the car and waved once I shut the door.

She waved from the window and rolled her eyes, "Tell her yourself, she's your friend!"

I laughed and shouted back, "She's your girlfriend!"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket when I was on the porch. I sat down on the bench and I saw that Beck had driven away. The text wasn't from my mom, it was Lina, I knew that because number only said Hi, Christoph.

As I was getting ready to type something, another message popped up from the number, It's Lina from Target btw. I laughed a bit at that, she's so adorable honestly.

I started to text her back,
Hey, can I call you? I had the sudden urge to hear her voice again. I've had my fair share of strange relationships but this, this doesn't feel all that strange even though she's a, stranger.

The text popped up quickly, it only said, sure.

I didn't waste anytime, I quickly touch the number and hold the phone to my face as it dialed out. I start smiling at the sky when she answered. Her voice was soft and a bit shy, like earlier today. She was nervous, I was making her nervous.

"Hey, thanks for the time of day, well night," I chuckled and looked up at the full moon.

She laughed a bit, "Yeah, my family just left and I guess I got kind of lonely."