Chapter 8

"I love you."

A retched chill ran though my body as I watched her dress from the bed, her bed. The bed that still smelled like Grey's after shave and her shampoo, the bed that proved she was a liar, just like I was too.

I tucked my arm behind the back of my head, and let the air fall down on me from the slow turning ceiling fan. She pulled her pants on, then the shirt that I'd thrown away from us only a few hours ago. She was getting ready to do something, or so she said.

Once her shoes were on and her hair fell perfectly, I could hear the door bell then knocking quickly followed. I was still in my head when she went stiff and gave me the signal to be quiet. I nodded and watched her stalk down the stairs as tall as possible. She was glowing, I supposed that's because of me. I took a deep breath and rolled out of her sheets landing softly on the carpet. I quickly slid back into my jeans and tee before I caught the voices. They were in the kitchen, I could tell that much.

"Veronica, I wasn't expecting you until Bailey was back. I thought you'd bring Todd over for dinner," Lina laughed and entertained her unannounced visitor.

I couldn't just leave now, Veronica would see me, then we'd really be in trouble. So I did my part as a teen mistress and I explored all the shit she couldn't stop me from touching. Shit like Grey's stuff.

I smiled and pulled open the dresser that belonged to him, nothing interesting except for the fact this underwear are folded into tiny squares. I moved on to the standing wardrobe filled with hidious golfing clothes and sports jackets. After that I started to coast out of the bedroom, and down the hall a bit into uncharted territory. Choosing my steps carefully, I decided on the first open door, well it was partially closed it looked like it was meant to be closed all the way. The knobby was stiff when I turned it and it dawned on me that this was supposed to be off limits to Lina. I pushed the door open and softly returned it to barley open state.

There was a desk, it didn't take much to see that this was an office, Grey's Office. I smirked and lightly treaded on until I made it to the desk where I finally saw him. Them. It'd been the only thing close to a family picture I'd seen and even then It looked pretty dated.

 It'd been the only thing close to a family picture I'd seen and even then It looked pretty dated

Its amazing to see the stuff organization schemes go to complete waste in this room. His trench coat was tossed aside in a chair, his shoes were in corner almost forgotten about not to mention his assessories littered his deck and the floor. Cuff links, watches, ties, and color stays everywhere. It was typical of a person who'd been taken care of all their lived. He probably doesn't even know how messy is because he never sees it. I sad down in his soft leather chair and his computers Reem popped on. It was blue for a second then the apps showed up. Just as I was delving a little deeper I could hear the sound of vibration.

I paused to make sure it wasn't me and when I was sure I started to follow the noise to the forgotten coat. It was there, a smartphone ringing silently flashing a name and a picture that looked nothing like Lina. In fact the complete opposite. She looked young, blond hair, blue eyes, and her name apparently was "Ashley".