17

Pippa's POV

Scarlett's birthday came sooner than I had hoped for, and everything was starting to become incredibly out of place for me.

"Just tell her before her birthday. It'll be like a pre-birthday surprise." Lin chuckled.

"I want to make sure nothing goes wrong this time around." I frowned. "I don't want to lose this one." My hand fell to my stomach, a little bump now beginning to show. "I need to start covering it more." I sighed to myself.

"Pip... Please? Scarlett is going to be so excited." Lin smiled. "And you're about to hit three months. You have to tell her soon." He nudged. "I think it's safe."

"I don't know." I groaned. I really did want to tell Scarlett she was going to have a little sibling, but I was too afraid.

We finished getting ready for the day and I threw on one of my bigger shirts. I hated wearing so much clothing on a hot day. But I wasn't ready to really show the public anything.

"Ready?" Lin smiled at me.

"Yeah. Scarlett's ready too." I muttered. He walked closer to me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Thanks." I whispered.

"I love you." He kisses my cheek and smiled. Causing me to smile in return. He did try his best to make me happy all the time.

"I love you too." I whispered.

All of us piled into Lin's car, just to drive a few hours away for her party. I felt awful just sitting in traffic for so long.

"You okay?" Lin whispered.

"Just tired." I frowned.

"Set back the seat and take a little nap. I won't mind." He smiled at me.

"I'll be fine. I just need to close my eyes. I just feel queasy with the stop and go motion." I mumbled. He gave a small nod and continued to focus on the road. I was grateful that I wasn't the one driving.

Lin's POV

We got to one of my uncle's houses upstate, I smiled and greeted all of the family when we got there. My mother immediately ran to Pippa and gave her a hug.

"Missed you too mom." I chuckled.

"This poor woman looks like she's going to pass out. Lin what did you do?!" My mother scolded.

"I'm fine. Really. I just need a bit to adjust to standing." Pippa quickly said. "It was just a long drive."

"If you're sure..." My mom sighed. Her attention went straight to Scarlett who was hiding behind Pippa's leg. "Happy birthday sweetheart! We have a lot of presents for you!" She smiled.

"Really?" Scarlett gasped. My mother nodded and took Scarlett inside. I took Pippa's hand in mine and walked with her inside the house.

"I think today will be fun." I whispered.

"I hope so." She sighed.

The party went without a hitch, Scarlett getting along with her cousins well. Enjoying all the games and of course the piñata my brother in law brought.

After a few hours, every child was worn out and having fun. Us parents were all hanging out, drinking and talking. I wasn't drinking for the sake of driving.

"No drinks?" My cousin asked Pippa.

"No thank you. I'm good with water." She quickly spoke.

I was glad that no one questioned her. But they questioned me.

"Does she not drink ever?" My uncle asked.

"On occasion... Not a lot now. She was close to someone who was killed by a drunk driver... So, she doesn't like to." I covered. Pippa only drank at home, and only a rare occasion. So it made sense.

"Oh." He sighed. "That's horrible." He frowned.

"Yeah.." I mumbled.

"And to change the subject, congrats to your kid turning seven." My sister laughed nervously.

"Thanks. It's weird to have a seven year old now. She was six yesterday." I smirked.

"You're terrible." She laughed.

By the time we got home, it was dark and Scarlett was passed out in the back seat. Pippa was asleep in the passenger seat as well. I gently shook her awake and went to carry Scarlett up. I felt really content now. My life felt perfect in every way possible. I was married to Pip, had Scarlett, and we were expecting another kid. My life was just perfect.

Pippa's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible headache. I got out of bed and quietly went into the kitchen to get some water. I hated my migraines but it's what happened.

I sat in the living room for a bit, just sitting in the cooler living room in the quiet was a great feeling.

I couldn't help but think of what would happen next for me. I was in a spot where things could either go up, or go extremely down hill. I placed my hand on my small-ish bump.

"I hope you are healthy in there. I'm doing my best." I whispered.

"Mommy?" I heard Scarlett's little voice. I turned my head and saw her with her little mobile nightlight.

"I'm here." I whispered. She came running towards me and jumped on the couch. Her little silicon elephant lighting up the room was the only thing that let me see her.

"I had a bad dream." She frowned.

"It's okay. I'm here." I whispered. She curled into my side while I held her tightly. "Scarlett... I have some news for you." I added.

"What?" She asked.

"You're gonna be an older sister soon." I gave her a small smile.

"Really?" She gasped quietly.

"Mhm." I chuckled slightly. "You'll get a little baby brother or baby sister a little before Christmas." I sighed.

"I hope I get a sister. Boys are yucky." She giggled.

"Of course. But what about daddy? Is he yucky?" I whispered.

"Sometimes." She giggled.