Book Twenty-Five: The Voyage For Light

Book Twenty-Five

Title: The Voyage For Light

Username: ilia_the_elf

Summary:

"Sometimes you can't be the one to control fate. Sometimes you can't change what's about to happen. But only in the moment when you choose to stop fighting and to let go, does the darkness truly win. Because as long as there's someone out there who keeps fighting, then there's still hope. And sometimes... that's all we need to survive."

***********************************************************************

Evelyn had lived her life tucked away from the world, sheltered in a mountain city where little seemed to happen and little ever did. But what no one knew was that in one fateful moment her life would change forever. And not just her own life, but the lives of everyone across the entire world.

When Evelyn's younger sister Mara is captured by demons, Evelyn will risk everything to set out in search of her. But what starts out as a quest to save her younger sister will quickly unfold into the greatest challenge of her life.

Darkness is coming, unlike anything the world has ever seen. Demons will rise from earth, the Dead will walk with the Living, sickness and monsters will rampage across the world. And the light that everyone had taken for granted will be lost to eternal shadows.

Left with nothing but memories and a mysterious Rogue as her guide, Evelyn will face challenges unlike anything she had ever seen, not just to bring back her sister, but to bring back the light to a dying world. But will they make it in time?

For what hope could be left in a world without light?

Excerpt:

"What's happening!" Evelyn screamed, her voice immediately getting lost in the din. That's when she heard the heavy wing beats and the roars closing in on them. Massive black shapes were bearing down on them from the skies above. The creatures were huge, their wings strong and powerful. The firelight caught on their sharp talons and scales, sending back ominous glints of red and orange into the sky. On their backs rode figures cloaked in ebony flames. The riders each carried lengthy swords that were bristled with glowing barbs, and several others gripped staffs swirling black mist. Evelyn backed away in horror and screamed. They were Dragon riders. The monsters from within all the legends of old. They were the harbingers of death.

With a thunderous roar, one of the dragons crashed to the ground in the square, its massive tail laying waste to the buildings and shops. People fell before it. Suddenly, there was blood. Horrified, Evelyn nearly turned to run when she remembered something. "Mara! Oh God, Wite! Mara's out there." She bolted forward, only to scream as Wite caught a hold of her. "No! Evelyn! Don't go out there. It'll kill you!" Another dragon smashed down nearby, sending them both to the ground. Frantically she struggled to get away. "I have to save her! I have to go! Please!" Why wouldn't he let go? " Mara!" She screamed.

People were running past, shoving her and Wite back as they tried to get to their feet. Soldiers mingled with the crowd, their swords dripping with blood as they ran towards the dragons. They attacked with brutal force, but were almost immediately batted aside by the creatures. Several flailing bodies were flung back into the brick walls of the broken buildings, where they crumpled bloodied to the ground.

Vote for this book if you like it!

Votes needed: Five