Book Four: Dark Galaxy: Emerge

Book Four

Title: Dark Galaxy: Emerge

Username: TiaWhiteDower

Summary:

Alexia Jacobs thought her life was complicated enough after finding out she is a 16 year old mutant. After leaving home to flee from mutant oppression, she discovers a mutant world in another realm, The Grove. Malveaux Mutant Academy introduces her to a supernatural life, new love and new friendships. Alexia welcomes the stability, as she yearns to control her powers and live in this brand new world. Mutanthood quickly becomes the least of her worries when she learns that she belongs to a rare class of mutants that harness the potential to be the most powerful of all. The academy protects her within its walls. That is, until The Knox-Oxley Institute is informed of her existence and seeks her capture in order to create the ultimate mutant assassin.

Excerpt:

"Dad?" the girl said as she peeked in the office door.

Her father glanced over his shoulder and broke a smile. He was working around the clock. This was nothing new, she rarely saw him these days. He was slaving away so hard on his campaign it began show physically. It was more than dark circles, his hair seemed to be graying and thinning, his body looked emaciated and he was always sick.

"Daddy, I made you some chamomile tea. I know you've been sick for awhile with that same cold". He grinned and wiped his face in relief. "You're so precious, who taught you how to make this?"

"The back of the box" she answered. They both laughed. His daughter held out a saucer of sliced oranges and tablets, "There's some Echinacea to cure you and vitamin C to boost your immune system". Her father grabbed an orange slice and began chewing away. "Alexia, what would I do without you? I've been so busy trying to fill the gaps in this campaign, I forgot to take care of myself".

His daughter sat in his lap "well your health comes first pop, it's that simple". His massive brown hands put down the saucer , "Simple as it may be, it's selfish. There are people who need my help and depend on me". The girl frowned , "but if you're not well how can you continue to help?"

Her father let out a deep laugh that transformed into a cough, "you're too smart for me Alexia. Just like your mother. If your mother were mayor she'd have a resolution to everything". "Maybe not a resolution but she'd definitely think she was right about everything. Here, drink up!" She handed him the tea cup and glanced over his paperwork. "Mutant Confinement..." she read. "What's this about Daddy?" He cleared his throat while sipping the tea. "mmmm, that is something you don't need to worry about. A beautiful girl your age deserves the blood pressure of a 6 month old infant."

(The remains of the excerpt will soon be continued!)

Vote for this book if you like it!