Book Six: More Than Useless

Book Six

Title: More Than Useless

Username: SkittleMyRiddle

Summary:

[Book 1 of the TIMO DALLOWAY TRILOGY]

The Rosoff Circus is home to some of the most spectacular humans and animals to ever walk the earth. All around the world they travel, stopping at towns and cities, but never staying for very long.

A circus must move on. But one day they end up in Norristown, Alabama; an almost nonexistent town. But there they meet Timo Dalloway, a boy who is giving up on his life and everyone in it.

[Current Cover by Tamedkiss]

Excerpt:

Each and every one of us pictures ourselves a certain way, preferably a way better than the original.

Some girls see themselves as models, other as doctors or future moms. Boys, usually something like a billionaire playboy, cop or mechanic.

Me? I never had much of a chance to picture myself as something different from what I really am, because society had decided from the minute I was born what I was, and who I was to become. For the moment, I'm simply the young teenage boy--who's Father had beaten him to the point that even speaking became difficult.

So I'm also the boy that your parents warn you about; "Stay away from that Dalloway boy, all that abuse might just rub off on you."

Yes, there are some nice people in my hometown, Norristown. Some people can look past the fact that I can't exactly speak as well as most, and I don't process things very well either; sometimes I even manage to take up odd jobs. My Dad left us a couple years back. So now I'm the man of the house. I don't mind working, it's keeps me busy. I don't attend much school anymore, so I'd often find myself alone... Doing nothing. My 10-year old brother tries to help out, but a kid that young shouldn't have to worry about bringing home food.

I don't mind though, I'm not much of a people's person. People are too difficult to understand, all thinking alike--slow and judgmental.

Anyway, something tells me that not everyone is interested in a sad story. So let me really begin by saying, that all good stories carry sadness. Because we, as humans, carry sadness. Dark clouds of dismay and guilt, and for the most part, we can't really help it.

But I also believe that all good stories carry some form of happiness, because what would we be without a little light. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, there is a light and a darkness; we can't be one without the other. This story won't truly be a happy one, unless we find sadness to overcome.

And that's what I hope to do.

Vote for this book if you like it!

Must be in the top third to be ranked!