Part 18; Pete's POV

Soundcheck went good, but I couldn't stop thinking about Sammy. She probably just has a cold or something but still. I hate seeing her like this. She was finally getting comfortable on stage and the fans loved her. They would be so disappointed if she couldn't come on stage with us tonight.

"Hey guys, I'm just gonna go check on Sammy." I said putting my bass down.

"Okay, just don't take too long." Patrick said nervously.

I nodded and made my way backstage towards the dressing room. I quietly opened the door, incase Sammy was sleeping I didn't want to wake her up. She needs rest. I peaked through the door and saw her fast asleep on the couch with the blanket I gave her draped around her.

She looked gorgeous. Even sleeping, without make up, hair messy. She was perfect. How did I get so lucky? I really don't deserve her.

I was drawn out of my trance when her green eyes fluttered open.

"Pete?" She whispered my name.

"Hey sweetheart." I smiled as I walked over to her and sat down on the couch beside where her legs were stretched out.

"Feeling okay?"

"A little. My headache came back though." She said as she reached for my hand that was resting on her thigh. I took her hand and gently squeezed it.

"Don't worry, we'll get a doctor in here for you." I said looking at our hands.

"Are you guys done sound check?" She asked.

"No, almost though." I said looking up at her face.

"You should go back then, before the guys get suspicious." She smiled.

"Alright." I said standing up, then I leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "Need anything before I leave?"

"I don't think so." She said letting go of our still intertwined hands.

"Okay, get some rest," I smiled as I walked to the door. "Love you." I said smiling at her.

"Love you too." She smiled.

I closed the door and went back to the stage to finish sound check.

***

Sound check was boring as usual. It's a lot of technical stuff that I don't really understand. So at least for me it's boring, but it needs to be done.

After we finished sound check we all headed back to the dressing room where Sammy was. We walked in and saw the medic sitting on the couch beside Sammy.

As soon as we walked in the medic turned around and stood up,

"Hi boys, my name is Ben, I'm the medic for your tour, I don't believe we've met yet." He said.

"Hi, I'm Patrick, Sammy's brother," Patrick said gesturing to Sammy still laying on the couch. "This is Pete, Joe, and Andy."

"Oh I know who you are. Very nice to meet you." He said smiling.

"You as well." Patrick said as Joe and Andy went to sit down on the other couch across from Sammy.

"So.. how is she?" I finally said.

"Oh Samantha? She'll be fine, just a bug thats been going around the Los Angeles area." He said.

"How long will it last? Will she be able to go on stage tonight?" Patrick said.

"I would advise she stays laying down for tonight and get some rest. The more rest she gets the faster she'll get better. It should only last a day or two."

I looked at Sammy after he said she couldn't go on stage. She didn't make eye contact, she just kept her head down. My guess is that she's pretty disappointed.

"Okay. Thank you for your help." Patrick said with a sad smile as he shook Ben's hand.

"Anytime. Feel better Samantha." Ben said leaving our dressing room.

"Thanks" Sammy said with a quick smile.

"How ya doing?" I said sitting down next to her on the couch.

"Been better." She mumbled.

"I'll get you some tea." I smiled and stood up.

"Thank you, Pete." She smiled back.

I stood up and left to go get Sammy some tea.

When I came back Patrick was sitting in front of the mirror doing some vocal warm ups. Joe and Andy were playing video games again, and Sammy was watching them.

As soon as I walked in Sammy's head shot up and she smiled.

"Here you go." I smiled handing the cup of tea to her.

"Thank you." She said grabbing the cup and taking a sip.

"Pete hurry up and get ready we gotta go in like 10 minutes." Andy said not taking his eyes away from the TV.

"Says you, you're just playing video games." I said.

"Yeah but we're ready to go." Joe added in.

I groaned and walked over to where my clothes were and quickly changed into my concert clothes. Well, I thought it was quickly, but by the time I was done and walked back into the room, the guys were all gone and Sammy was standing up.

"Woah woah woah, take it easy." I said running over to her and helping her stand up.

"I'm okay Pete, really. I feel better now." She said holding onto my arm.

"You can't go on stage, Sam, the doctor said no."

"I know, I know, I just want to watch. I've never missed a concert, I need to watch." She said begging.

"Okay, we'll get you a chair to sit on, on the side of the stage. Here, take my sweater. You're freezing." I said picking up my sweater that was laying on the ground and put it on her.

She nodded and we walked backstage to meet with the guys.

"Sammy?" Patrick said looking at her, "Are you sure you're okay to come out here?"

She nodded and said, "I'm not singing, I just wanna be apart of our little prayer circle and watch. I've never missed a concert and I don't plan on starting now." She smiled sitting down with the rest of us.

We all smiled and heard the roar of the fans screaming our names and knew it was time to go on stage.

"Well, good luck boys. You'll kill it as always." Sammy said hugging us all before following Marcus to the side of the stage.

The guys and I all walked to the stage and high fived. I took a deep breath and moved to my spot on the stage as did the guys. I looked over to Patrick and he looked back at me and gave a reassuring smile. I always get nervous before shows. I looked to Sammy on the other side of the stage. She smiled and gave me a thumbs up just as the big curtains in front of us dropped and revealed the big crowd of people screaming fans.

UGH thank you guys for being so patient. I was having major writers block. This is basically just a filler chapter, things will get more interesting within the next couple chapters!

Thank you guys so much for sticking around and supporting me on this story. It really means a lot to me.

AGAIN please send me requests for imagines!

See you guys next week, thank you!

~~Cheers, Savi~~