Part 25; Patrick's POV

I woke up to the sunlight coming through the window of the hospital room. I was sitting in the chair I had moved to Sammy's bedside, still firmly grasping her hand. I fixed my glasses and hat, and looked up at the clock which read 10:30 am.

I decided it was probably a good idea to text Pete and let the guys know what's happening. With my free hand I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened it. I had a text from Pete, sent last night.

From Pete: any news?

To Pete: She'll make it. She woke up last night, she'll be okay. I'll find out what the visiting hours are and let you know.

I pressed send and looked up at Sammy, who was starting to wake up.
I stood up and put my free hand on her forehead.

"Morning." I smiled at her.

She smiled and squeezed my hand.

"Hey." She whispered.

"How are you feeling?" I said sitting back down in my chair.

She groaned, and tried repositioning herself, "I'm okay. My ribs kind of hurt."

"Yeah, the doctor said you broke a few ribs."

She let out a sigh and smiled at me sympathetically.

"Sammy, you need to tell me what happened that night. I know I'm being forward about this, but yesterday the doctor told me he would have to find out the whole story from you. The guy you were with, he died that night." I said looking straight into her eyes, that were starting to fill with tears.

"Patrick," She croaked, "I'm so sorry."

"No, no no no, it's okay Sammy, but please tell me." I said rubbing her arm.

"I- I don't remember his name, he worked on the crew that's all I remember." She said crying.

"Sam, don't cry it's okay. I'm not mad, or upset. No one is." I said, trying to reassure her.

She took a few deep breathes, trying to calm herself down.

"That's it." I smiled.

Both of our heads shot to the door when it opened, a nurse came in.

"Good morning Samantha, Mr. Stump," She said just a bit to happily, "How are we feeling?" She said, walking over to the IV bag on the opposite side of the bed from me.

"I'm good. My ribs kinda hurt." Sammy said.

"I figured something would hurt. Your pain medication should start wearing off anytime. I'll give you a refill." She said smiling still.

She took a needle and inserted it into the IV tube, going into Sammy's hand.

"I'll let the doctor know you're awake, he'll be with you shortly." She said as she turned around to leave.

"Oh, excuse me? I have a question." I said just before she left.

She turned around, waiting for my question.

"When can our bandmates come see her?"

"Well, I would say Samantha is healing very well, so they could probably come during visiting hours today."

"When are they?"

"3 to 9."

"Okay, thank you." I said as she left the room.

Sammy looked down at her hand, and then looked at her hand that was holding mine. I think she noticed her bandana was gone, and her scars we visible. She noticed me watching her.