𝟦𝟧

i tried again to ignore jimin but unfortunately, our teacher had paired us up together for an assignment. jimin tried his hardest to be affectionate. "jae eun.. c'mon talk to me." i had a sense of deja vu when he hasd said that.

last time i did that, i let my mouth take control. "baby if i'd known you liked me i would've--" i cut jimin off. "you would've what jimin? broken up with me? do you know how hard it was to try and hide my feelings from you?" i ask, gripping my pencil a little harder.

"i would've told you i liked you sooner..." jimin said, looking up at me. i sigh and put my head down on the desk. "don't lie to me jimin. please. i'm tired of having to pretend that this isn't real." i say.

"you don't have to pretend with me." he says. "stop it..." i mumble. i sigh and ask to use the restroom. i walked in and sat down on the floor by the sinks. i hear the door open and i don't get up to look until they stopped right in front of me.

"hey..." i hear mark say. he squatted down in front of me. "...this is the girls' restroom..." i say pointing to the obvious white and pink tile walls. "i was coming back from the library when i saw you come in here with a sad look on your face." mark says.

"you're lucky there's still class going on." i say and mark simply smiled at me. "you wanna talk about it?" he asks. i shook my head. "no, its okay." i say.

"is it about jimin?" mark asks. my eyes avert from his gaze to the floor. "you don't have to lie to me jae eun... it's clearly written all over your face.."

"we just had a little argument... i messed up... a lot..." i mumbled. mark chuckled lightly. "usually it's the guy that messes up." i smile and roll my eyes. "but really, are you okay?" mark asks.

"jimin didn't.... say anything or hurt you right?" my eyes widened. "oh god no. he's too nice to even kill a mosquito." i say, chuckling at the memory of jimin. mark gave a small smile. "that's good." he said.

"yeah." i mumble. he stands up and holds out his hand and he helped me up. "hop on back to class little froggy." i say and mark flushes red. "shh! that nickname's insulting!" he hisses.

i simply laugh, remembering one time in chemistry when i told him he looked like a tree frog. "alright get out before a hall monitor comes." i say, pushing mark towards the door.

he laughs and walks out after saying bye. i smile softly and look in the mirror. somewhere, probably in an alternate universe, mark and i could've possibly ended up together...

𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 061519
𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 052419
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘸𝘶