xxiii. past

"The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others."
-Lord Baden Powell
________________________________

"YOU WANT SOME MORE?"
Barry asked, pouting himself
some more whiskey.
"Yeah." Oliver said, holding his glass
out to Barry.

The second it was poured, it was already gone.
Oliver and Barry were drunk. They weren't super far gone, but they were dizzy for sure.

"You look amazing." Oliver
complimented Barry.

"Oh, really?" Barry smirked.
"Most definitely." Oliver nodded.

With that, Barry leaped on top of Oliver lap and started making out with him.
No one around them said anything because they too, were too busy making out with each other or just too intoxicated to care.

Their drunken kisses were quick and hungry but at the same time, they were extremely passionate and sweet.

"I love you." Oliver mumbled against
Barry's lips, his hands traveling up and down Barry's clothed sides.
"I love you too." Barry breathed out.

About an hour of making out later, the two ultimately decided to go back to the mansion to sleep. Remembering that that had to go back home to Central City tomorrow.

~~~

The next morning, the pair woke up with headaches. Oliver's wasn't too bad because of his high pain tolerance, but Barry felt like he was struggling.
It was around 9am when the two said goodbyes to Oliver's family before heading off.

"How are you okay? You drank just as much as I did." Barry asked, rubbing his temples.
"I'm used to it, I guess." Oliver shrugged.

Barry groaned in pain, due to his discomfort, as a response.

"Babe, take a nap. It'll probably help." Oliver said, rubbing Barry's thigh comfortingly.

"Wake me when we're home." Barry said, putting his sunglasses on and closing his eyes.

~~~

"Barry. Wake up." Oliver said, lightly
shaking him.
Barry stirred, opening his eyes.

"How you feeling?" Oliver asked.
"Better." Barry said, moving to get out of the car so he could stretch.

"What do you wanna do now?" Oliver asked once they set their bags down on Barry apartment floor.

"I wanna lay down." Barry said,
pointing to himself.
"Cuddle?" Oliver questioned.
"Yes, please." Barry said, walking towards his bedroom. Oliver following in suit.

Barry and Oliver had been just relaxing for about an hour in comfortable silence.
Barry's head laying on Oliver's chest, and their legs tangled up together.

"I have a question." Oliver said, breaking
the silence.
"What it it?" Barry asked, turning to face Oliver, unwrapped their legs in the process.
"You know how you said you were in a rough spot for like four years before you met me?" Oliver asked.
"Yeah." Barry said, looking at Oliver's hand as he drew circles on his palm.