epilouge-my heart, my mind

annella

if you'd told me five years ago that by this time i'd be divorced and my son would be getting married to another man i'd have laughed in your face, politely of course, more of a giggle.

oliver and elio came back from france together, to my front door in italy and told me about how much they loved each other. it truly hurt me, to see such love after all that i'd lost but i blessed them both in the name of god and told them their love was true - not that they needed validation.

and now, in my back garden a holy man of god will do the same. no matter what any books say, the love that these two hold is far greater than any rules of gender and procreation.

and the legalisation only solidified my feelings that the world is changing; for the better? i'll have to answer that one in a few years.

I've always felt like the onlooker of my life, but it's not till i left my husband that i realised i didn't need to just watch anymore, i could step in and take the wheel.

it was that moment, that changed everything for me, for my son also. so i'll sit here and ignore the fact that my ex husband is beside me with another woman on his arm, because i know that my mind and my heart holds more knowledge than he could ever dream of reading and learning. there's more to life than books and manuscripts. life was made for living, and in living we learn to love again.

THE END