Chapter 27: Cafe

Disconnected

Chapter 27: Cafe

[Kagura's POV]

"M-mentor?! " I shouted in suprise.

"Any problem with that? " he gave me a death glare as I gulped out of fear.

"Actually--------"

"I'm not asking you." Alu-sama shifted his gaze to Robert. Inflicting the same glare which could melt me in seconds. The man just stopped talking and started fo listen to our conversation instead.

He soon returned his eyes on me, struggling to find the sensible reasons I could muster. "I-It.... It was just s-so.... Sudden. "

"And what's wrong with that? Do you have a problem regarding unexpected situations? " he asked and I shook my head rapidly to show him that he's wrong.

"N-no, it's n-not... That. " I responded, playing with my small and shivering fingers.

"So what is it? "

"I-I don't know. " I stuttered my response as he only sighed in frustration. I don't want him to be irritated or I'll... I'll be dead meat! That's not good at all!

"Tsk... You're useless. " he said and then opened his hands a little in front of Robert and layed it on the table. "Contract? I'll sign it. "

"Right! Of course! " he quickly opened his drawer, pulled out an ink, a quill and a piece of paper with negotiations written in it. "Here and don't be harsh to the girl. "

"I won't keep that in mind. " his venomous words splattered from his lips and fell down the ground like withered flowers.

He took the paper and dipped the quill on the ink, writing his signature over printed name. As soon as he was finished, he gave me the contract and then I took it from him carefully, not wanting to tear the paper.

I read the entire manuscript before I could sign it. Everything was just normal except for one small detail—

'After the contract is signed, the whole life of the apprentice will be layed upon the mentor at all costs. '

"B-but, isn't this a-an invasion of p-privacy? " I asked myself quietly but because of Alu-sama's rich instincts, he could hear my whispers as far as possible.

"It is, it's not like you're hiding something aren't you? " he askes and I shook my head, no.

"B-but it's  just well... Not too appropriate. " I said while putting a loosed clenched fist against my lips to muffle my voice.

"Don't question me and also keeping secrets is forbidden by the rule either way. " he said, crossing his legs and hands.

"Th-that's s-so unfair. " I groaned and read the entire deal. Some rules were quite normal but the others were beyond it.

After reading, I dipped the quill on the ink and then did the same procedure that Alu-sama did. "D-done. "

I gave him the paper and he gave it a small look. He nods after that and just gave the contract back to Robert.

"No turnin' back now. " he said and stamped the contract as the paper vanished.

After a few seconds, a silver chain adorned with lotuses appeared from my chest as my eyes widened upon seeing it.

"W-what's going on? " I asked.

"The contract is binding us, why? " he glared at my direction, ending the conversation right there.

Soon, an ebony-colored chain filled with thorns squeezed out of his body and as expected the contract binded us like what he said.

Suddenly, the metallic object disappeared into bits of yellow dust, finishing off with it vanishing into thin air.