Chapter 39: Pain

Disconnected

Chapter 39: Pain

[Alucard's POV]

The atmosphere around me was dark as usual but a smooth touch was entwined with my fingers, the sweet lavender scented engulfed my nose and the soft skin of the girl was felt.

I was getting more and more confused when she's always with me. I feel nostalgic with her presence surrounding me but still I can't let go of such stupid love.

"He's gone, Alucard's. Accept it, you can't win. " I murmured, tangling the smooth silver hair on my fingers.

My heart was still broken into pieces, I can't forget him just like that. I thought she was the only one who became so desperate but I guess her, being with me changed some personalities.

I sighed, inhaling her scent, feeling warmed up inside. It's funny to even think that a girl like her could be of such help.

Suddenly, a small delicate finger touched a side if my cheek.

"A-alu-sama, you still c-can't accept it... Do you? " a soft voice spoke making my head slowly look downwards.

I nodded in response, she frowned at me, sitting up from the bed and then opening the curtains of my room.

"Sssss... " I hissed upon seeing the light enveloping my eyes, she looked at me and smiled gently.

"Y-you need some sunshine, A-alu-sama. " she sat back beside me, my eyes trailing her moves.

"Kagura... Aren't you sad that Hayabusa's with someone else?"

"I-I already told you th-that I am, b-but I-I'm happy if he's happy. " her smile curved into a pained grin. We feel the same yet she accepts it, wasn't her love as great as mine?

"But I thought you loved hi---"

"I-I do but I r-respect his decision. If y-you love someone, you should be ready to... L-let go. " her words pierced me but how can I let go if I'm not ready?

"I-it's hard but it happens. W-we just need some time t-to get this out of o-our systems? W-would you like some t-tomato soup again? Hmm? S-sounds good? " it was evident that she wanted to cheer me up but who would do the same to her?

She had too much for months already yet she still manages to smile, beneath every gesture hides her sadness but she would still do anything to help.

I snickered.

"W-what's so funny, A-alu-sama? " she worriedly asked me.

"I'm just amused by how you face every situation. Is cooking really the answer to all the problems in the world? " I smiled at her, she smiled back.

"I-it's not that. I-I just think that y-you could use some w-warm ups. " she said, her melodic voice filling my head.

"You're different... "

[Kagura's POV]

His head was held down, lips curved into a frown, getting himself together, balling his hands into fists, trying his hardest not to tear a single dewdrop.

"A-alu-sama? " I asked in a concerned manner. He's been sensitive about some things recently.

"Don't.... " he said, wiping his eyes with a sleeve.

"L-look up from the ground, I-I still can see your s-sad and teary eyes. " I gave him a reassuring smile but it kept him from looking at me.

I could see that there was something he's trying to hide. I reached for his hand and it was too cold to pull away again and I wondered what's in his mind.