Chapter 42: Just a Beautiful Lie

Disconnected

Chapter 42: Just a Beautiful Lie

[Kagura's POV]

"Kagura, do you like Hayabusa? " she questioned which made me turn into a statue a little.

I was silent at that time. I didn't want to tell her or maybe she'll get super angry at me and... I didn't want that.

"N-no, I-I don't like him. I-I mean, only as a f-friend. " I said, avoiding to tell the truth but I hated lying. I hate liars and does that mean I hate myself?

"You're lying and it's evident on your face. I know that you have feelings for Haya and it's fine but promise me that you won't try taking him away from me. " she frowned at me as I looked away from her.

"Kagura, I know that you're like... The kindest girl in the whole land of dawn but still I just want to make sure. He's mine and only mine, I love him and it's fine if you do too but just don't take him away from me. M'kay? " she continued while taking both my hands on hers, pleadingly.

I looked back at her and nodded with a bittersweet smile. That's my cue then... I don't have anymore chance, it's done for me, I should've known that he's never going to feel the same about me but why am I so desperate?

That doesn't matter now... If he's happy, I'm also happy.

"O-okay, just please... T-take a very good care o-of him like he's y-your prince. " I smiled sadly at her.

"I'm not going to treat him like a prince but more like a king. Don't worry, he's in good hands. " she brought back the smile as she quickly changed the topic, sensing the tension between us.

Alu-sama, what should... I do?

[Alucard's POV]

I was expecting for the two of us to go towards the gear store but instead we walked up to the pharmacy.

"What are we doing here? Do you need something?" I coldly and casually stated. I guess Kagura's treatment on me worked, my feelings for him are slowly fading but still there's still some left.

"Yup, I'mma gonna buy protection. Just be quiet about it. " he smirked while whispering at me.

"Idiot, are you doing it with her? " I whispered back. "I mean, it's too early for the two of you. "

"Don't worry, I'm no virgin. Don't tell me you're still a kid. " he teased and I rolled my eyes. Starting to get annoyed but he was right, I lost my virginity when I was still fourteen. Don't be like me.

(A/N: If you think I'm kinda like Alucard, then please stop that. I'm young! Alu and I are not the same well, I'm kinda like Kagu-chan. If you meet me in person, you'll only find a conservative, petite and shy lil girl. Haha. Go back to reading!)

"Shut up and just be quick. " I said.

"You're not buying some? " he smirked at me. I looked at him disgustingly.

"What? Why would I? " I questioned him while my eyebrow raised up a little.

"Kagura? " he wiggled his eyebrows and I tsked. I never knew that if I lose little interest in him, I'll get kind of annoyed.

"Under my dead body. I'm not going to do that to someone so pure and innocent. She's so fragile and sensitive that she'll quickly brake. " I crossed my arms, avoiding his gaze.

"Besides, it's evident that she's a virgin. I don't want to take her first, it's her choice whoever she's having it with!" I continued as he slapped my shoulder.