17.

Amadeus pressed a kiss to my lips, something I happily returned. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me in close and when he pulled his lips away from mine, he put our foreheads together.

"I love you." I whispered.

He let out a breathy laugh, "I'll never get tired of hearing that."

Another kiss started but it was quickly interrupted by a high-pitched squeal. I recognized it immediately and pulled myself away from Amadeus so I could go squeeze the life out of my best friend. When we pulled away from each other we had the biggest smiles on our faces that we could manage.

"Have you gotten settled in?" I asked her.

"I threw my bags in my room, but I had to come see you two before I did anything else." She smiled. Her eyes darted between Amadeus and me, that's when her smile turned into a smirk, "I see things have gotten better in the few weeks you've been gone." She wiggled her eyebrows as she spoke.

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing like that has happened so don't get your hopes up for a juicy story."

"Yet." Amadeus corrected. "It hasn't happened yet."

"Nobody asked you!" I said, my face warming up.

"Awwwwwwww, she's blushing." Indigo cooed. "But I don't know why. Not like you're a virgin or anything."

Amadeus and I spoke at the same time. "What?" "Indigo!"

She looked at me innocently, "What? Have you guys not had this conversation?"

"It's not like he's some pure being so does it really matter?" I asked.

"No, it doesn't matter," Amadeus said, but something about him shifted a little. "It's just nice to know these things."

"We haven't even tried having that conversation, so I didn't see any point to bring it up." I shrugged.

Indigo could feel the bit of awkwardness in the air, so she took the chance to excuse herself, "Well I'm going to go get settled in. Maybe take a nap, but I'll see you guys at dinner."

I gave her a flat look but gave her another tight hug before she quickly got out of the room. Amadeus had sat on the couch and was focused on a stack of papers. He was a little too quiet and was a little too focused on those papers. I also noticed that the shift in his mood had only gotten worse, so I plopped myself on the couch next to him and watched his pen glide across the page.

"What's wrong?" I asked pulling his attention to me.

He just gave me a quick glance before returning his focus to whatever he was filling out, "Nothing, I just want to get this little bit of work done."

"Amadeus," I said. "You can't hide it from me."

"Hide what?"

"Stop dodging me and talk."

He let out a sigh as he leaned back into the couch and looked at me. He was hesitant on talking but I just kept quiet until he decided he was ready to open his mouth.

"You're not a virgin." He stated.

"That's right." I nodded.

He got quiet again and that's when I sensed his fear and anxiety. I shifted a little closer to him and ran my fingers through his hair to try to give him some sort of comfort. He leaned a little closer to me and closed his eyes.

"I am." Was all he said.

I got hit with a small bolt of shock, "Really?"

"Is it that shocking?" He asked, he almost sounded confused.