18.

It felt like all I did was blink my eyes when a loud and frantic banging on the door. I sat up a little and was just about to wake up Amadeus, but the door burst open before I got the chance to. I watched as Indigo walked over to the bed without saying a word a tossed her phone at me. I managed to barely catch it before it hit Amadeus. Pulled up on her phone was an email from Celeste.

Dear Citizens of Litha,

I'm sending this out via email since it is so late at night, but I've been getting a lot of questions about what is happening with our Kingdom. I have been busy looking at people and getting people's opinions and I have reached a decision. I will hopefully be able to reveal this choice at the end of the month, I would announce it now but Council needs to give me complete approval on my decision before I am able to tell you all, so I expect everyone to be in town the last week of the month so you will all be there to greet the future ruler of your Kingdom.

Your Queen,

Celeste

"What's going on?" Amadeus groaned.

I didn't say anything, I put Indigo's phone on his stomach while I pulled myself into a sitting position. Indigo and I watched silently as he looked over the email.

I waited until he looked at me to start speaking, "She has something planned, this is what she's been waiting for."

"I don't know." Amadeus shook his head.

"No," Indigo jumped in. "It makes sense. She has Katalin's replacement and once it's approved it'll be the perfect time to try something."

"I'll get in contact with Seren and Leven in the morning so we can plan accordingly." He stated. I opened my mouth, but he just shook his head, "In the morning. We all need sleep."

Indigo agreed so I nodded along instead of arguing. She grabbed her phone and hesitantly left the room leaving me and a tense Amadeus alone. I got comfortable in his arms again and did my best to fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was a bit hectic. Indigo was trying to bribe Zara into giving her some information out of desperation, Amadeus was smoothing things over with Freya, and I was sitting around feeling helpless. I didn't have any other choice but to be the damsel in distress and it only made me more frustrated.

He and Indigo made it clear that it would probably be better if I just stayed up here today until Amadeus got the chance to get Seren and Leven in place in case something happened. So, that's what I had been doing all morning. At this point, I was hanging upside down on the bed trying to give myself some sort of entertainment, but it just left me red-faced and even more bored. My phone started vibrating on my stomach and I didn't think twice about answering it.

"Yes Amadeus, I'm completely fine and still in our-"

"It's Blaire."

"Blaire?" I said confused. I quickly got up and started pacing the room and my confusion turned to anger quickly. "What the hell is going on?"

"I'm so sorry that I've been-"

"No," I stated firmly. "I don't want your apology. I want your explanation."

She let out a sigh, "It's Celeste. She knew she couldn't threaten Indigo with anything because she'd just run to you, so she came to me."

"What are you talking about?"