25.

~ A Month Later ~

I stood on the little platform while Christina went over every centimeter of the dress to make sure that everything looked absolutely perfect. It was a fitted bodice that was off the shoulder, but it had long sleeves with little elastic rings that slipped around my middle fingers. It was a crimson red – which was on the bodice with beautiful lacework – to black – which was on the skirt completely done with dragon scales - ombre. It flowed down nicely to my feet just a hair away from actually touching the ground. It was truly the most beautiful and breathtaking dress that I'd ever had the honor of wearing.

"Where do you get all the dragon scales?" I asked.

"They're donated. Dragons will shed scales like a dog sheds fur, and so I have a select group of people that will collect them for me and donate them." She answered. "I have quite the collection since they're mostly used for special occasions and the oddball special request."

"You'd think Dragons would be into wearing their scales all the time," I said with a small laugh.

"Yeah, you'd think." She laughed. "Oooo! I can't believe I almost forgot, I made something special for you!"

She quickly darted out of the room through a door in the back of the room and reappeared a couple of minutes later holding a small golden box. She didn't say anything, she just handed it to me. I stared at the box for a second and she quickly encouraged me to open it. When I did, sitting on a bed of white fluffy squares were a pair of ear cuffs. They were made out of tiny violet dragon scales.

"It's not every day that I get to work with someone who has pointed ears, so I decided to take the opportunity while it was right here in front of me."

"They're beautiful," I said in awe.

She had a giant grin on her face now, "I'm glad you think so."

She helped me out of my dress so she could put it away in its bag and the ear cuffs in their box were slipped into a small drawstring bag.

"Are you excited for tonight?"

"I'm excited, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely nervous."

"You're going to be a wonderful Queen; I can already tell that you're exactly what we need around here."

She handed me the dress and the bag but stopped me just before I opened the door.

"How did Semoda like the crown?"

She had finished up a crown for him to wear a week or two prior. It was black titanium covered in the same violet scales that my ear cuffs were made of, and it was topped with a beautiful red ruby.

"He loved it," I smiled. "He's been prancing around in it ever since"

"Guess the Royal life really got to him." She giggled.

"And it's all your fault." I teased.

"I'll happily take the blame for that." She smiled.

I gave her a quick hug promising to see her tonight before I slipped out of the room. Amadeus wasn't anywhere to be seen so I stood in the hallway and pulled my phone out to text Indigo.

Me: How's it going?

Indigo: Amazing. We have some macrons in the oven now and we're working on the cookies next.

Indigo: How did the dress fitting go?

Me: Everything fit perfectly. Christina even made me some ear cuffs that are just beautiful