Epilogue

~ Epilogue ~

I was running around double-checking every little that had been set up over the last few days. I was calling around to all the hotels and inns to make sure that all the rooms were set up to perfection and I was asking the staff a million questions to make sure that they had everything set up for tonight. 

Freya was trying to get me to slow down but I refused. It was the first time that the Dragon Kingdom was holding Royals Week in goddess knows how long so I needed everything to be more perfect than perfect.

"Katalin," Freya said grabbing me by the shoulders. "Slow down and breathe. Everything is done and set up, you don't need to quadruple check everything."

"Just one last-" She cut me off and spoke firmly.

"You gave me that bullshit two hours ago, no more."

I took a deep breath ad brought myself back down to earth. Everything was fine. Everything was in place and ready to go when everyone arrived. There was no reason for me to be losing my head over all of this. Except...maybe there was. A lot of the Royals coming this year were heirs that just recently became the King or Queen of their Kingdom meaning the new generation was starting. All of this was marking the beginning of a new time that involved them impressing their parents.

"Stop it!" She said shaking me for effect. "Everything is Oookay. Nothing to worry about here."

"Okay," I said mostly to myself. "Yeah. You're right. Everything is fine."

"Exactly. Everything is fine." She echoed. "Why don't you go take a relaxing bath or something, I'll finish up your quadruple checking."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course, my Queen."

"Oh, ha ha." I said.

She let out a small laugh, "Now go, I'll handle the rest of this."

I waved her off as I did what she suggested and went to go take a relaxing bath. Amadeus was locked away in his office avoiding the insanity of bustling staff and handling anything that didn't require him to be hands-on with setting everything up. It was mostly because I made it clear that I wanted to handle it all since I knew he did better when it came to paperwork and I loved doing anything that involved avoiding paperwork.

This was the first Royals Week that was going to have only the new generation of King and Queens, so it was special. These were the people that I grew up with, so I was excited to hear everyone talk about what their goals were going to be during the course of their reign. I was also anxious to finally get to talk to Brann without Celeste being there. He hadn't completely taken over Litha but she was slowly handing control over to him. He was coming to events and meetings without her hanging over his shoulder and I had heard from Indigo and Blaire that a lot of the recent decisions had been made by him, so I assumed it was only a matter of time before his coronation was going to be happening.

Everyone was welcoming the Dragons back into their hearts and lives with no problem. People were constantly here visiting and exploring, and the Dragons were constantly taking vacations to the other Kingdoms. Amadeus had said that it appeared that we had a stronger connection with the other Kingdoms than the Dragon Kingdom had before. It was something he was proud about and it was understandable. He had not only built this Kingdom's power and reputation back up, but he had made it stronger, more powerful, and more loved than it was before.

I was proud of what he had done and was honored to be able to say that I had been apart of restoring this Kingdom back to its greatness.

After soaking for a while, I got out of the tub, dried off, and wrapped myself in a comfy robe. When I stepped out into the bedroom, I saw Amadeus laying on the bed with his eyes closed. I didn't hear him come in, but I brushed it off as me being lost in thought.