AU Where Vio's Evil, but He Doesn't Really Act Evil Because He's Too Confused To

Request from ArceusInsanity , sorry if this sucks, I tried.

The moment Vio opened his eyes, he knew something was wrong. There wasn't anything he could hear or see that let him know, but he could feel it, sense it hanging in the air. His vision still blurred with fatigue, he turned his head to look at the part of the bed next to him. He reached out, trying to grab at Shadow, to get his attention, to wake him up and let him know something was wrong, but his hand felt nothing but the sheets, cold on his skin, as if no one had been laying there. He reached out farther, but his fingers brushed emptiness.

He was suddenly very awake.

He sat up quickly and rubbed at his eyes. Shadow was nowhere to be found, nor was there any trace of him. One half of his bed was in near pristine condition, and there was a second pillow there, but it didn't have a single purple hair on it.

He felt his pulse quicken, but he told himself that meant nothing—once, on the very first day of April, Shadow had gotten Red, Green and Blue involved in one of his pranks on Vio and that one prank was convincing Vio he didn't exist. Shadow had taken a lint roller to his side of the bed until there wasn't any of his hair there. He removed all of his belongings and hid them in a dark corner in an attic. And when Vio had woken up, not seeing him or any of his stuff, he went to the others, confused. For the entire day when he brought up Shadow, they pretended not to know what he was talking about, they made him think he was crazy and ask if if he was feeling alright. Then Vio realized every single picture that had Shadow in it was nowhere to be found.

But of course, Shadow had been back! Laughing hysterically, and then Vio had gotten angry and refused to even talk to him that night, but once Shadow had fallen asleep, he had watched him, adoring the way his chest rose and fell with each breath, thinking about how he just belonged there, with him. Come morning, Shadow apologized and said next time, he'd just throw a fake spider at Vio, and they had made up and kissed, and everything was all good.

Well, Vio realized that wasn't going to happen because he looked around and the bedroom he was in was not the same one he always woke up in, Shadow at his side.

What? He thought.

He tried to think of something. Maybe he had been drinking and he ended up having a one night stand with some guy and this was his bedroom...and...the guy was bald? Which was why there was no visible hair? Shadow shed worse than a cat, so it would have been obvious if he was there. Actually, that was almost worse, why would he cheat on Shadow with a bald dude?

Granted, he did feel like he had a hangover. It was like someone stuck a spoon in his head and stirred, he could barely concentrate and there was a pounding in his skull.

He clumsily got to his feet and looked around.

No, this room most likely belonged to him, adorned with a purple color that matched his hat and tunic that lay folded on a dresser. Maybe the others were nearby? Maybe he'd find Shadow and get an explanation?

He dressed quickly, then had to sit down while the room around him spun and made him feel like he was going to pass out. Then he left.

He found the others relatively quickly, looking the same they always did.

"Jeez, Vio, you look like hell," Blue said, eyeing him weirdly.

"I feel like hell," he replied. He had to swallow, because the place he was standing in was too familiar, but he didn't want to believe that he was where he was. Maybe this was a dream? Maybe he'd wake up and Shadow would be cupping his cheek, asking him why it was so hard for him to wake up and they'd kiss and he wouldn't be running around the hallways of the fire temple, without Shadow, confused and tired. "What's going on?"