Chapter Nine: Stomachache

Lindsey lied in bed, rubbing viciously at her eyes in an attempt to stop the tears and make the pain in her stomach go away. She loudly groaned rolling onto her side and drawing her knees up to her chest. She let out a loud cry as her stomach continued to twist and tie itself in knots. Her brother popped his head in, a frown on his face.

"what's wrong? That time of the month?" Zander asked, leaning against the doorframe.

Lindsey scoffed, harshly replying, "I haven't had 'that time of the month' since I was one-hundred-and-fifty-pounds. This is a different kind of fucking pain idiot."

Zander simply pushed off from the door walking away muttering "Fucking freak ass bitch." Loud enough for her to hear. She huffed pushing herself up to sit picking back up the applesauce. It shouldn't be as hard as it was. She was used to eating a bit throughout the week to lower suspicion around her so-called friends. Her brows knitted together as she lifted the spoon to her lips and slowly closed her lips around it swallowing. Her stomach lurched; she covered her mouth rushing to the bathroom as she dry-heaved again. She thought of just making herself puke it up, make the pain go away for a bit, but she wanted to get better. Lindsey rubbed her temples with the heels of her palm. She stood opening the medicine cabinet shuffling through all the pill bottles stopping on Oxycodone, it was her prescription from when she got her wisdom teeth out that she never really used. She opened the bottle popping one in her mouth before turning on the sink and cupping some water into her mouth to help her swallow the large white pill. She raised looking into the mirror, it's been a long time since she's really looked at herself and saw herself. She let her deep brown eyes wander over her red eyes and nose, irritated from her harsh rubbing. Her face was covered in the dry salt from her tears, her lips were dry and cracked. She looked a mess and that was that. She sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time before running the bath. She needed it. She walked back into her room, kneeling before her bed and reached underneath it. Finally, her hand grazed what she wanted, she grabbed it after a bit of a struggle. It brought a slight smile to her face as she looked over the barefoot pink wine. Simple and did the trick. Lindsey returned to the bathroom shutting off the tap. She pulled out her corker and popped open her bottle of wine before stripping and climbing into the hot water.

Hours passed; she was already halfway through the bottle. The water had long since run cold, but her skin was hot to the touch. Her vision was blurry, and her limbs felt heavy. She didn't know what told her to get out, or how she got out for a matter of fact. She woke from the floor of her bathroom; her vision was still askew. Her head pounding from the noise coming from somewhere in the house. She crawled out the bathroom to her room the volume increasing.

"what do you want me to do? Yes, I fucked her! Yes, she's pregnant? I gave her money for an abortion." Her father's voice boomed through the room, even though he was in the hall it still shook the walls.

"I want you to go back in fucking time! We have enough with our attention whore daughter constantly doing shit to get her name in the papers and humiliate us and now this? You better go stay in the city tonight because I'm not dealing with you and her. Sometimes I wish I had just gotten that abortion and never married you." Her mother snapped.

Lindsey felt her chest tighten at her mother calling her an attention whore and humiliation. Then on top adding she had wished she had aborted her. She knew she wasn't her mother's favorite person, but Lindsey didn't know of the hatred that coursed through her mother's veins. She didn't know what it was but something in her snapped, something changed. A weird calmness settling over her.