Chapter Nineteen: Mine

Lindsey smiled at Austin as she helped him and his grandparents in the kitchen. She walked over to the counter proceeding to wipe it down and replenish customers drinks. An attractive man around her age signaled over. She maneuvered her way around the host making her way to the table.

"Everything all right?" She smiled at him, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"Well for starters I was hoping to get your name," the man smiled then looked around at his friends. "Then I'd like some more coffee."

Lindsey laughed shaking her head, "my name's Lindsey, and here you go." She then proceeded to lean over the table slightly to pour more coffee into his mug. "Anything else?" She asked.

Right as the man was about to say something, Austin's arm snakes around Lindsey's waist as he planted a kiss on her forehead. "So sorry to interrupt, but our shifts over. Wrap up, and clock out I'll be waiting out back."

He then softly grabbed her face pressing his lips to hers before walking and disappearing into the kitchen. Lindsey's cheeks and ears burned a bright red as she looked back at the table, chewed on her lip before saying, "I'm so sorry for the interruption, what were you saying?"

The man just shook his head muttering never mind before he looked at her and asked, "does he usually boss you around like that?"

Lindsey smiled before replying, "only when he's tired. He gets a little cranky," her smile now wide and showing her teeth, "anything else?"

The man shook his head asking for the bill. Lindsey made her way over to the register, finishing everything and then bringing it to him. He opened it, slapped down five twenty-dollar bills telling her "keep the change," as he and his friends made their way out.

She looked down at it, frowning slightly as she went to the register, fishing out the change and shoving it into her pocket. She sighed as she went and clocked out, placing her apron in Austin's locker and changing out of the business's shirt. She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror, she was thin, she frowned slightly before grabbing her bag and pushing out to the ally where Austin waited with a cigarette between his lips. He smiled when his eyes landed on her, she felt a shiver rack through her as Austin's eyes wandered over her. She hated how one glance from him, one look over, and suddenly her stomach erupted with butterflies and her lungs filled with flowers. She chewed on her bottom lip, stopping before him. He removed from his lips leaning down and placing a soft sweet kiss on her lips.

"what was with the show in there?" she asked as they parted from their kiss.

"I'm selfish," he whispered to her, "I don't like others thinking they're even allowed to look at you."

Austin's hand had found it's way to her waist, pulling her flush against him, he head hung slightly so he could whisper in Lindsey's ear.

"and why is that?" Lindsey's voice slightly trembled, her hands resting against Austin's chest.

"Because you're mine," he smirked placing a kiss against her pulse, Lindsey leaning more into him. "I don't want you taking rides from anyone from me, you can't even go horseback riding."

"Why?" Lindsey's voice was barely a breath her eyes closed as Austin's lips and hands had their way with her.

"because, the only thing you're allowed to ride, is me." He whispered in her ear, pulling away from her to catch her reaction. Lindsey's eyes popped open, staring at the man before her with a cocky lopsided grin.

Later that night, Lindsey stood next to Grayson and another one of Austin's acquaintances as they waited for the fight to begin. She watched as Austin pushed adrenaline into his arm, after proceeding to huff some ammonia. She viciously chewed at her bottom lip, she didn't want to watch. She knew Austin was still sore from the last fight, she knew he was still healing from the gunshot. She knew he was tired from his eight-hour shift of dishwashing, cooking, and bussing tables. Her hands rung at Austin's jacket, as she watched the fight, she held her breath.

Austin was smart. He knew this guy, he'd seen him fight. Austin played mainly the offensive, his heart was also hammering out his chest. He wondered if he pushed too much. He could feel the weight of the day on him, slowing him down. He muttered fuck right as the kid's right hook caught Austin's jaw. Austin then ducked, tackling the kid. They tussled around on the ground for a bit, before the day really came down on Austin, his arms getting heavy. He muttered another fuck as the kid overpowered him. Austin lost count of how many times he had been punched, he simply didn't have the energy to do anything or fight back. He could hear Lindsey's voice screaming his name. It echoed in his head, The kid landed on more punch and it was over. Austin was out.

Austin woke expecting his usual crew surrounding instead his eyes met Lindsey's large watery brown ones. She was saying something, nothing registering. He found himself, trying to read her lips, the only thing on his mind was pressing his lips to hers. When her hands pressed to his face, the ringing began. Her loud worried voice ringing in his ears. The image of her doubled and doubled and doubled, then he was gone again.

Lindsey struggled to help the barely awake Austin to the shower. She huffed loudly as she pushed open the bathroom door. Austin leaned against the wall as Lindsey stripped him down helping him into the shower. He found himself sitting on the floor of the shower as standing made him dizzy. Lindsey took a deep breath resting her hands on her lips trying to make of a mode of action. She bit at her lips, stripping herself down and stepping into the shower too, turning in the water, letting it run warm. She detached the shower head, settling in the floor with Austin wetting him down. She grabbed his washcloth soaking it. She found herself straddling Austin's legs as she cleaned his face, gently dabbing at the cuts in his face. She noticed how Austin's non-swollen eye was trained on her face. They held each other's eyes, the warm water running over them.
"Lindsey, I trust you." He whispered, "you might not understand, but around here I trust you means a lot more than I love you."

Lindsey felt her heart grow heavy to the point she couldn't breath. Her chin trembling, she leaned forwards placing a kiss on his forehead whispering, "you have all my trust."