Chapter Twenty-Three: house call

Austin sighed walking into the Jinger's house. He carried a wrapped gift for Dahlia, it had been two weeks since he'd last saw her. He had been so busy with working and paying bills that he had hardly had time. Lindsey smiled as she slipped past him on the steps, he jumped slightly from the light smack she had given his ass. He shook his head smiling, the smile dropping when he witnessed Mr. Jinger slip out his sister's room. He could feel all the muscles in his arms and back tense up. When he saw his sister's tear stained cheeks the gift was discarded and Mr. Jinger was up against the wall. "I swear on all I am if you laid a single finger on her I'm killing you."

"Austin, he didn't do anything." Dahlia sniffled, "I promise I'm okay."

"Do you know how long I've been wanting to fuck this jit up." Austin sneered "I've fantasized about this more than your daughter."

Everything everyone was saying to him was irrelevant, he wasn't listening. The heat flashed through him. He needed this, this was good for him. A smug look settled on his face. " Know what I won't fuck you up."

"On God?" His sister asked. He shook his head laughing slightly before replying, "On God."

After his sister walked away he whispered to Mr. Jinger, "I don't believe in god."

He watched the fear swirl in the older man's eyes before letting go of him, picking up the wrapped gift and continuing into his sister's room. She was sitting on her bed, rubbing a hand over her protruding stomach. She was mumbling a old Italian song mother would sing to their children. He smiled walking up to her, lifting her chin and wiping away her tears. She smiled at him a giggled escaping her trembling lips when Austin tossed the gift at her. She opened it revealing her old baby blanket. She felt her eyes well up again, she looked up at Austin who was leaning against her desk arms crossed. "Thought you'd like it so I dug it up and got it cleaned and Mrs. Vander sewed it up."

Dahlia jumped up and engulfed him in a hug. "Oh Austin I love you." She felt the cries rip through her body as she she held him. She missed him, when Austin's arms tighten the hug she knew he missed her too.

After about five hours Austin decided it was time for him to head back home. He needed rest, he was working a construction site in Hell's Kitchen. He stopped by Lindsey's room, walking in as she walked out her bathroom a towel wrapped around her. Austin muttered a sorry settling in on her bed, he let out a blissful sigh as he sunk into the soft mattress. Lindsey smiled at him pulling out a his Boxing King hoodie and a pair of her underwear, "do you intend to watch?"

Austin pretended to think about it for a bit before nodding, giving the corner of her towel a quick tug, and a wink. He yawned, turning and giving Lindsey her privacy. He felt his eyes growing heavy. He yawned again.

"Austin baby, you seem tired. Don't drive, stay the night." Lindsey spoke softly crawling into bed next to him. He simply nodded his head, letting Lindsey big spoon him. He took her hand pulling it to his chest against his heart. He wondered if she could feel it skip a beat whenever she's around him. Lindsey let out the breath she was holding when she felt Austin's grip slacked and his breath evening out. She didn't want to to hurt him, she wasn't doing good. She hadn't been doing to good for a long time. She tried to stifle her tears, she didn't want to wake Austin. He had told her earlier how busy he was and how busy he was going to be all week. She completely understand, casting for fashion week was coming up and she knew she exceeded the weight requirements for it. She had packed on a good health weight bring her current weight to 130, filling out her hips chest and stomach. She  cursed herself for crying, she rolled out of bed making her way to her bathroom. She opened the medicine cabinet popping two pills before going back to bed and snuggling into Austin's back. His hands subconsciously finding hers.

The next day, Austin yawned as he woke up at 5am. He rubbed his eyes turning to Lindsey sleeping beside him. He placed a kiss on her lips before climbing out of bed. The mumble of his name catching his attention. She turned back to Lindsey that had cocked her finger at him summoning him. He walked back to her lying in bed. She pursed her lips for a kiss, deepening it the second his lips touched her. He groaned when she slipped her tongue into his mouth, their sweet peck turning into a spicy open mouth one. Austin was the first to pull back, "damn princess, I gotta go. "

"Mhmm, can't you stay a little longer?" She giggled brushing her wild bed hair out her face. "Let me say goodbye to you the right way."

"If it's the way I think it is, then I really gotta go cause I might just call up my buddy and say I can't make it."he smiled widely, "stay the night at mine, that way you can welcome me home."

He placed the extra house key on her side table giving Lindsey a kiss on her forehead before covering her with the sheets and making his way out. Austin had expected the house to be quiet and his escape to be unseen but down stairs was busy with maids arranging the house. Everyone said good morning to his as he passed through. When he exited the house the guards from the night before raised a brow at him, probably having expected him to have left already.

Lindsey was all giddy as she finished setting the table. She quickly checked the food in the oven before running up to the bedroom and fixing herself. Her outfit was fairly tight on her. Regardless she felt confident. She finished up her makeup which consisted of some mascara and a tinted lip balm which she also used as a blush. She smiled before pulling her jean skirt back down and adjusting her shirt. She slipped on her wedges heels before making her way back downstairs to the kitchen, taking the rosy out the oven and checking on the pasta. She grimaced as she sees the pasta had kind of stuck to the pot. She strained it and added the Alfredo sauce.  She heard the door open, she hurriedly ran out, stopping when a shorter rounder man walked in the door. He froze when he saw her.

"Who the hell are you?" The man asked "what the hell are you doing in my house?"

It then clicked this was Austin's father. She backed away a bit, stuttering. "I-I-I-I'm Austin's g-g-girlfriend."

A smirk settled in his face, he gave Lindsey a once over. Without further thought she bolted up the stairs, her shoes being disgraced along the way. She heard the man racing behind her. She swung into Austin's dahlia's old room slamming the door behind her and locking it. She could hardly breath as she looked around, the dresser catching her eye. She went and pushed it against the door. When she stood up straight the room felt as if it was spinning. She didn't expect herself to actually drop to her knees. She sat for a moment trying to calm down, the banging still on the door. She had tried to remember what Austin had said if there was ever an emergency.  She muttered it over to herself.

"Pistol in Dahl's room, closet converse shoe box. Emergency phone in Dah's room, 3rd drawer from bottom in tampon box." She quickly crawled to Dahlia's side table pulling open the 2nd drawer and grabbing the box. She pulled it open the phone flying out. Without a thought she dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"I need help right now," she spoke into the phone, moving into the closet as she saw the dresser begin the shake, and the man's voice grow louder. She rose to her tip toes feeling around for the box. She grabbed it opening it up. She disgraced the phone to the floor and pulling out the gun and loaded magazine. Austin had shown her what to do. Her hands shook as she pushed the magazine in and cocked the gun.