Chapter Eighteen: His Bed

It's been weeks since the incident with Austin. He'd refuse to sit back and heal, getting back to fighting once he got his stitches out. She hated it. She had been staying with him as he was getting better. That night she chewed her lips washing the same plate over again and setting it to dry. She ran her hands over her jeans to dry them. When she heard the door open, she instantly turned walking to the front watching Austin walk in holding his side.
"Are you okay?" She gushed rushing over to him moving his hand and lifting his shirt.

"Honey I'm home." Austin chuckled grimacing in pain. Swatting her hands away, pulling up her up going to kiss her, Lindsey blocking his lips with her hand. Laughing, "clean up then kiss."

She helped him up the stairs, helping him take off his clothes and into the shower. Austin thanked her before saying, "wash my back, I'll wash yours."
Lindsey smiled stripping down herself and climbing in with him. She soaped up the washcloth, she softly ran it over his back in small circles.  After a while he turned looking at her, his eyes red as if he was crying. She then notices the construction of my breathing, and the slight trembling of his shoulders. She pulled him to her allowing him to cry. This was a moment for them, a major step in their unidentified relationship. Lindsey lifted his head, placing a kiss on his lips after wiping away the wetness in his face. Slowly the kiss escalated, they stumbled out the shower shutting off the water.  Lindsey was hardly even aware of where they were until her lets hit the bed and Austin softly pushed her down. She laughed when her back hit the bed. Their lips finding each other again.

——
Lindsey ran her hands over Austin's back as he laid on top of her. The sun was setting shining golden light into the dark room. They'd spent the whole day in bed, skin to skin. Austin turned his head kissing Lindsey's jaw. Austin smiled as he inhaled the smell
of them.

He softly groaned as Linsey ran her finger though his hair, massaging his scalp. He's never been this close emotionally and mentally with a person before. They hadn't spoken a single word since the shower, yet they knew what the other was thinking.

Austin looked up at Lindsey staring down at him, he smiled up at her, wondering what she was staring at.

"Austin, you make me want to live," she whispered, "You're the reason I'm still alive."

Austin pulling himself farther up in the bed, kissing Lindsey on her lips before replying, "you and Dahlia are my only reasons to live."