Chapter 1: Shadow

Riley's p.o.v.

I couldn't describe it but. It felt like something was off, really off.
In all places to be freaking out about... school. I just had to be here. I let out a shaky breath as I looked back up at the board, trying to cope the notes.
Ryland was nudging me in my side, I wasnt in a playful mood but Ryland could always change my mood. I stuck my elbow out and nudged him hard in the stomach.

He winced but let out a little laugh, laughing back at him we both made eye contact, I swear sometimes I could get lost looking at his eyes, they shone a pretty ocean blue, and his hair... oh god his hair was slicked back, the pretty brown color poking out.... , and we kinda stared at each other for a little while before he whispered.

" Are you okay?"
There it was. The trigger, I felt my stomach go uneasy.

" N-no I'm F-fine-"

I cut myself off by gagging, " Shit you're gonna puke... QUICK HAND ME THE TRASH BAG"
Ryland yelled.

Next thing I know, theirs a trash bag below my head.
" Riley ... we have to go the nurses office... do you wanna try to go to the bathroom? Or..."

" no I-"
I puked into the trash can, I felt my whole body clench.

Ryland rubbed his hand on my back, in little circles trying to calm me down.
I started crying... I hate puking... but oddly enough I felt as if I went through the same thing... why does everything feel so familiar?
I puked again, completely mind blown by what has happened.

I slowly got up, the trash bag still in my hand, I'm guessing Ryland helped me to get up, it was either that or that he tried to argue to the teacher that he should be the one that helps me to the office.

I couldn't help but to smile, Ryland was always there for me.... always...

I felt hands wrap around my waste as to make sure I don't fall, " it's okay I got you" Ryland said," in bringing you to the bathroom first."

I nodded and felt my whole head spin. We slowly but surely made it to the bathroom where Ryland propped  me up against the side of the wall, next to the faucet.

He took the trash bag from my hands, and got paper towels and damped them.

" Ryland ..." I blushed, " you don't have to do all that for m-"

He looked up at me and blushed/smiled, " Of course I didn't have to, but I wanted to... Riley you're my best friend, I love you to death... I... I couldn't imagine not being there for you when you need me the most."

I felt a tear slide down my right eye, " Ryland ..."

He slowly took the dap paper towel and swiped my mouth, cleaning my whole face and all around me.

" whelp... time to go to the nurses office." He smiled at me weakly.

*
*
*
" well you don't have a fever..."

I looked at her dumbfounded," wait what?"
" you seem healthy to me-"

" I literally just puked and had trouble walking up here"

" yeah but you don't Have a fever and you seem fine now, if you have any more question? Please grab a water bottle and some crackers, if you puke again I'm sending you home" The nurse said.

I let out a huff as a I got up from the seat, and began making my way to lunch.

I sat with my usual friends, Ryland , Allie, Mark, Marisa and Wade.
Allie was my other best friend, she was short had a long brown hair, today she had her hair up Ariana grande style.