Chapter 17: It Slowly Unfoldes

Riley's P.O.V.

After the shower and me escaping my mind. I went back to sleep with Ryland, but when I hopped back in bed  Ryland  turned over and hugged me lightly... calmly...

My heart ached and it ached in a good way. I reached out and pulled him closer to my body, and in a way I could feel our souls connect... like this was something that not even words could describe it.

But something felt off...

" HehHeheheheheheh"

My eyes widen in horror as I realized what I was doing... what I was still Holding ... The Book Of Shadows almost became permanent glued into my left hand...

I felt my heart race go up as I became aware of my horribly awaited curse...
Since Ryland was shifting down more he ending up laying on my chest and he soon woke up as he could feel and hear my heart rate skyrocket....

" R-Riley...? Riley what's wrong...?"

I bit my lip.... what do I tell him...?

" Currseeeee forrerrr pOiooiiiweeeeerrrr"

My eyes widen, and I let out a scream as The Book of Shadows bit my left hand.

" Riley!" Screamed Ryland as he got up  and quickly turned the lights on...

When the lights came on I was even more horrified by how right I was...

Little did I know that carrying The Book of Shadows in one hand for long periods of times can result in emotional drainage... meaning that I became and am reliant on the Book of Shadows, and wether I had realized it or not, I was consciously and subconsciously holding onto The Book of Shadows  at night, and this result in the Book's darkness to spread along my hand...

I felt sickened and also weirded out at the same time... it was like it was trying to turn me into its pedestal...

But I knew one thing for sure... The Book of Shadows bit me and now I was drawing blood... and A decedent amount of it too...

" R-Riley? oh shit!"
Ryland quickly  got up and ran to the bathroom getting me a towel...

I didn't even have to engage what had happened... I just simply stared at The Book of Shadow's eyes... completely ignorant of the small pool of blood that was drenching from my left hand...

That small pool of blood was catching up fast... and the only thing I could think of was why?

Did I shower with The Book of Shadows and forget to take it out my hand? Was it punishing me...

Something didn't feel right and I started to sweat...

" Oh shit.... Riley... nononononono"
He was losing it...

He Quickly ran out the room, slipping in the process causing me to get up to help him, but I simply almost fell...

I-I couldn't be bleeding that much right?

" R-Ryland?" I asked as I fell on the bed, to weak to do anything about it... I was bleeding out and I didn't know why....

....
...
...
...
Ryland's P.O.V.

I was still to weak to run or walk properly but I still tried... something wasn't right... Riley was bleeding  a lot of blood... this was dangerous...

I began to yell at the top of my lungs " HEEEELLLP"
No response....

" SOMEBODY PLEA-" I was cut off as a hand wrapped around my mouth, freaking me out the figure behind me turned me around and I felt a sense of calmness come to me... it was the supreme...