Chapter 16: Harsh Reality

Riley's p.o.v.

I chanted harder and harder, watching for Ryland to puke up all of the tar... when he did puke up the black tar, an image of Allie appeared within the tar and quickly began to run away before the supreme killed it with the click of her heel.

A small smile came across my face... this supreme I've heard nothing but rumors about was kind of an bad ass.

"Is he gonna be alright?" I managed to speak between the chants.

She nodded,"It might take him a while but he should puke up all of the tar..."

I let out a sign of relief but that was quickly replaced by fear.

" Riley we need to talk... "  the supreme stated this and I felt as if I was going to be judged...

I followed her as we both left Ryland to Gage's care...

I followed down through multiple layers of this... house? Castle...? Who knew how big this place was? I felt lost and confused but none of the less I clenched my Book of Shadows even harder.

She finally stopped and we made our way to what I presumed to be, her desk.

" Riley how on earth do you have the Book of Shadows? And with a public entrance like you mad-"

No I'm not having this, so I cut her off," First of all, You sent Gage to help me remember? You haven't done anything at all to help us in Basba? How much time has passed since we came back? Do you realize what horrible things I saw and endured in that fucking hell hole? I don't even know how I made it alive, none of the less with Gage and Ryland still alive somehow."

She nodded as if I was right, and I knew I was.

" Riley... I'm dying... and I think that our enemies see this..."

What...

" I..."

You have got to be kidding me... from one nightmare to the next... don't tell me... there are other covens out there that don't like our coven... that would love to swipe our power and absorb it.

I gritted my teeth...
"You have to began training immediately... you have to undergo the seven divinations... I have to know wether or not if you are my successor... I have to teach you a lot of things in suck a quick amount of time..."

" What ...?"

" Riley, the Book of Shadows you got from Basba... that was fated that the Book of Shadows chose you... as it's protector... You're brother dyed trying to get the book... I think he might have even had it but... with that kind of energy around... I'm sure that brother is apart of you and that book... all past protectors leave some sort of spirit behind..."

I nodded, when I first discovered I had the book again I instantly felt my brother spirt... or.. what I thought was left of him... I bit my lip..

Why was I being put into such a dangerous  position....

" Riley... if you are my successor, you will be an even more powerful supreme then I could ever be... our coven has been searching for the Book of Shadows since the beginning of time it's very self... Riley, I sense great potential in you..."

I was low key getting annoyed.

" So what? I undergo these challenges, prove that I'm stronger then you, and then what?"

" Riley we have enemies... you can't tell anybody that I'm putting you under these challenges."

I nodded, I knew that it was kinda of bullshit but in the back of my head I felt as if I knew what was going to happen... I couldn't tell who was going to do it but I just knew that it was going to happen.