Geaky (Joger)

I called this one Geaky because John's a geek in this one...and his nickname is Deaky...so like...Geaky...

I'll go home

"No, John." Roger sighed as he put the last of his books into his locker. John was standing beside him with a rose in his hand and had just asked him for the 2nd time if he would go to prom with him.

John was nice enough, but he was pretty much the school geek. Even now he stood next to Roger in pants that were far too high up, a sweater vest, and a bow tie that didn't match his outfit. Roger couldn't understand how someone would go to school in this century in those clothes, but here John was. It's just that Roger was cheer co-captain and he had a sense if style and it didn't make sense for him to even be seen with John.

"Listen, it's very nice of you to ask, but I sort of had someone else in mind." Roger said as he looked past John and to the group of footballers at the other end of the hall. The boy he had in mind was Brian May, their captain and much cooler than John.

"Oh. Brian. Right h-he's an alright guy I guess..." John didn't even bother hiding his sadness.

Roger smiled sympathetically and raised the boys chin. "Hey, you'll find someone alright? Nobody should be alone on prom night."

And Roger meant it as he shut his locker door and walked away. John really did mean well after all.

Still, Roger strutted past Brian and winked at him when he caught the boy staring and made his way to his very last cheer practice. When Roger got there he was greeted by his co-captain Dominique and the rest of his smiling team.

"Okay ladies, last practice and then the competition on Saturday! Let's make this a good one!"

~ ~ ~

By the time Saturday rolled around, Roger was excited but also antsy because Brian still hasn't asked him and there was only a week left before prom. He hasn't told anyone that he wanted to go with Brian, but Roger thought it was fairly obvious that they wanted each other.

Still he liked the idea of a big surprise so he couldn't just talk to his teammates about his worries. What if Brian didn't ask him?

But Roger pushed those thoughts out of his mind and pepped up his team for their competition. At this moment that was all that mattered.

~ ~ ~

When the announcer said they had won Roger was ecstatic, but those good feelings quickly went away when he saw Brian go right for Dominique and ask her to prom. Right there in front if everyone. It was just the asking Roger had wanted and with the boy he deserved, but it was happening to someone else. Of course this would be how his life went.

He was sitting on the bleachers all by himself when the realization struck him that he didn't have anyone else he could even go with. Roger had put all his cards on Brian, so now everyone was taken. He never felt this rejected. The cheer captain should never feel this rejected.

But then the cruel universe sent him another plot twist in the form of John. Roger didn't even know he had come to watch the competition but maybe he should have expected it.

"R-Roger?" John walked up the bleacher stairs and John suddenly noticed a bouquet of roses in his hands. The geeky boy sat next to him looking just as sad as Roger was. "A-are you okay?"