Healing

Optimus' P.O.V

I exited the ground bridge with Star in my arms and Arcee at my side. Ratchet was already waiting for us at the controls for the ground bridge. Bulkhead and Bumblebee were also there waiting having returned from their mission while we were away. When the three mechs caught sight of Star's condition their eyes all flashed too bright orange with concern. Ratchet hurried forward and moved to pull her away from my arms. Hearing the approach Star's shifted a bit before weakly looking over at Ratchet. Instantly I could see the fear in her pain filled eyes as she looked at Ratchet and clung closer to me with a small whimper.

Ratchet froze at the sound and looked up at me. I held her closer to me and she seemed to calm down at that. Easing her tight grip on me and looked up at me, her eyes flickering weakly.

"Sh, rest Star," I said quietly.

She only stared at me and I could feel my eyes growing brighter to calm her. At the sight of it, she started to relax and her eyes drooped before they slowly began to shut. Her body going limp in my arms as she slipped into unconsciousness.

"Optimus," Bulkhead said and I looked up at him.

"Quiet, for now, I don't want to startle her," I whispered quietly.

Bulkhead only nodded his head solemnly before I turned back to look at Ratchet. He gave a solemn nod before holding his arms out in a silent question. I nodded my head and gently shifted Star around in my arms to settle her into Ratchets. He was careful to avoid the dents in her sides and made sure that her arms rested on her chest before heading towards the med bay. We all watched as Ratchet carried her to the med bay and disappeared.

"Optimus, what happened to her," Bulkhead asked.

"I suspect Megatron was trying to gain information on us," I speculated, tearing my eyes away from the med bay to look at the team.

"That's brutal even for him," Bumblebee beeped.

"Please tell me you beat the frag out of him," Bulkhead asked.

I didn't say anything at that, flashing back to the moment where all I felt was rage. Never before had I felt rage like that before, it was like it was ready to consume me at any given moment. 

"Optimus," Bulkhead said waving his hand.

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned back to the team. 

"For the time being, I believe it would be a good idea if we kept Star here at the base for there is no doubt in my mind that Megatron has become interested in Star," I said, "Especially when he realizes that there will be no records of her from Cybertron".

Ratchet's P.O.V

One look at Optimus' face and I knew that something had happened. Even though his optics weren't lit up in any strange way I could see that he was badly shaken up. One look at Star though and I could see why but something else happened. 

I opted not to ask about it and instead focused on the problem at hand. 

Star was beaten worse than I have seen some of the bots in some time. Either she gave Megatron a hard time or Megatron didn't believe anything that came out of her mouth no matter how many times her answers didn't change. Wasting no time I stepped forward and went to pull Star from his grasp. One touch from me though and she let out a frightened whimper. I stopped immediately not wanting to trigger any of her attacks. She had been doing so well but after this experience, I expect that she is going to be going back a few steps.

Optimus took a moment to calm the frightened fem and even managed to get her to recharge in his arms. For a moment we all just sat in silence not wanting to scare the poor fem. After a short silence, I held out my arms silently asking if I could take her for treatment. Optimus only nodded his head before shifting Star around and gently placing her in my arms. When I got her in a suitable position that wasn't going to aggravate any of her wounds I quickly carried her to the med bay and laid her down on the berth stored in there.