Celebrating with Cliffjumper

Starblazer's P.O.V

Optimus walked with me out to the main room where the others were waiting. As always Arcee was as stoic as normal and Cliffjumper was talking with her. Bumblebee and Bulkhead were chatting away as well. Ratchet was back at the monitors and from here I could see he was still going over the data from my tests earlier. Once again I felt the need to hide behind Optimus. I haven't been around the others to much and still i felt a bit nervous around them. I inched a bit closer behind him and walked a bit slower. Optimus seemed to know I was getting a bit nervous. 

"It's okay," Optimus said holding out his hand.

He took me gently by the arm and led me into the room. Just as he had done that first time I had met them. The others looked as the two of us walked in. Bumblebee stopped his conversation with Bulkhead and walked over to us. At his approach I stepped back afraid for a moment at what he might do. It is true that I see him as a little brother but I was still a bit nervous over all of them. Bee looked at me and I could see a bright orange flash through him for a moment. I recognized that color, concern. I would see it flash through Optimus a lot when he thought I wasn't looking. He gave a series of beeps and I could hear what he was saying in my head.

"I'm sorry for everything".

I reared back as if he had just slapped me. How could he know about what happened? Did he over hear my conversation with Optimus just a few moments ago. I looked him over but he didn't seem to be guilty of anything.

"Do you know," I asked him and he only gave me a shrug.

"You suffered, I can see it in your optics," Bee said.

"But they haven't changed, have they," I said brushing my optics.

"I don't need them to change to know that".

I looked at Bee incredulously and he gave me a small whirl and his eyes grew a light green, happy. Bulkhead wandered up next and again I stepped back. He was a big guy and I was a small girl. He could easily swat me aside like a fly, or step on me for that matter.

"It's good to see you around kid," Bulkhead said with a smile "Haven't really seen much of you since that first time".

"I've been working some things out," I said quietly.

"Are you alright," Bulk asked and I was surprised at his question.

"I will be," I said before saying under my breath, "Eventually".

"Just let me know if you need anything, we all got to watch out for each other," Bulkhead said.

"That's true Bulk," Cliffjumper said as he carried bright blue cubes in "For the mean time I heard something about a celebration".

"We could use some celebrating," Bulk said.

I gave a shy mile and looked up at Optimus. He looked over the crowd and gave a small nod. There was a collective cheer between the three mechs and Cliff started handing out the energon. Cliff walked over and put one in my hand. It didn't weigh that much and I could feel the energy pouring off of it. The feel of it alone made me feel a bit lighter.

"What is it," I asked Optimus looking up at him.

"It's high quality energon," Optimus said "It's our version of human alcohol so be careful with it".

"It's so strong," I whispered running my hands over the rough edges "I can feel it just by holding it".

"That may have to do with your golden energon," Ratchet said "You don't have to ingest the energon to absorb it. You can do it just by absorbing it".