Door to Door Sales

"Theres just something about a girl named Rose is a tight, red tank top." Jesse said passing out lunch table and winking at me. His two friends laughed but nodded in agreement.

I grinned and stuck out my foot, tripping him so he fell on his face. "There's just something about an asshole covered in pudding." I said dumping pudding on his head.

I heard a few gasps as I smiled triumphantly and Jesse stood wiping the pudding from his face. He glared and I saw the fire in his eyes, I had struck a chord! I had embarrassed him...only it was in front of a lot of people.

I smiled wider. "What's wrong Jesse?" I taunted. His fist balled and it swung for my face, I neatly dodged, grabbing his wrist and pulling it behind his back. I kicked the back of his knees and he fell to the floor.

"Wow Jesse, you're spending a lot of time on the floor today aren't you?" I smiled. He growled and thrashed as I held him down.

I smelled Dimitri's familiar aftershave and relaxed a little.

"Rose." he warned and his arm wrapped around my waist pulling me back from kicking the shit out of Jesse's stupid little face.

He got up, ignoring the hands of the guardian's who offered to help him. I just stared at him tauntingly.

"That girl is a menace! She should be expelled!" he pretended to be appalled. I grinned, and leaned forward as much as Dimitri's arms would let me.

"Bite me." I said.

He came rushing at me but Guardian hands grabbed his shoulders and pulled him back. But not before my foot connected with his nose and sent blood spraying. Dimitri pulled me back as soon as he saw it coming, but not soon enough.

The Guardian's led him to the infirmary and Dimitri gave me a disapproving look. I shrugged.

"What? It was self defense! He attacked me!" I said pointedly.

"Yes Rose, but you asked for it." he said. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't ask for anything. Unless you're offering." I winked at Dimitri and he groaned as he escorted me to Kirova's.

"What's this assembly about?" Lissa asked me the next day at lunch as Kirova stood in front getting ready to make an announcement. I sighed.

"Fundraising."

"Students please settle down. This year, we are going to try a different kind of fundraising instead of asking parents and relatives for...well donations. We are going to be put into pairs and sell Chocolate door to door." Kirova said like it was the best idea in the world. There were a few quiet groans from the crowd.

"Each pair will be with one Guardian. Now to decide the pairs, you will all get a piece of paper and write down 3 names of people you would like to be paired with." Kirova finished. We all got paper and I wrote down Lissa, Eddie, and Mia.

Then I noticed something.

Adrian was grinning at me from across the table. My eyes turned to slits.

"Why is there a grin on your face Ivashkov?" I asked. He just chuckled and I glanced at Dimitri who looked frustrated.

I was about to speak up when Lissa grabbed my attention.

"You will find your partner posted on the bulletin board outside the café by dinner." Kirova said and then she exited the stage.

As we were leaving the café we handed our papers in and headed to our next classes.

Dinner

"I'm with Christian!" Eddie said happily. He and Christian nodded. I assumed I would be with Lissa so I just went and sat down at our table with the happy Eddie and Christian.