Chapter 1

Mourning for tony stark wasn't as easy as I assumed. Yea I saved the man. It was my duty. I really didn't personally know him though. I quite never had a connection with him like the other avengers did. Usually me and Natasha Romanoff would be considered the 'close ones'. News got to me the other day that she unfortunately didn't make it. She traded her life for the stone. Having the thought once again makes me even more sad. I had heart for her. I was there for her during those five years when no one else was. I'd check up on her about twice a day just trying to make conversation through the hologram. She was so alone. She would cry to me every week on how she didn't deserve me or Steve. I felt bad...and now that she's gone I never have anyone to talk to besides fury. But our conversations were always based on a mission or a task to finish. Yea I would throw a few jokes in because that's the person I am but nothing more and nothing less than just speaking business.

It's been a long time since I've showed face to a funeral but something made my heart skip a beat watching tonys loved ones cry. I stood there with my chin up showing as much respect as possible. I saved him once, why couldn't I save him twice. That's the only thought I've had today. I tried to get rid of the thoughts But then they come rushing back. Why wasn't I the one to sna-

"Carol." I heard a familiar voice say from behind.

I turn my heel and see fury.
"Hey fury." I smiled.

"Can you come inside for a second. I have something to discuss with you."

I nod and take his order. Walking up the steps I take one glance back breathing heavily. May he rest in piece.

Walking in I see fury sit down on the table with his arms crossed,suspiciously eyeing me down.

I smirked "What."

"Ever heard of Asgard?"

"Agent fury,of course I've heard of Asgard. I use to come across it all the time"

He chuckled. "Oh I'm not talking about the one in space no. That's demolished. But There's happens to be a new one..here on earth."

I tilt my head,frowning.
"I'm...confused. So you're telling me. That the rightful men and woman live amongst this earth now?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying-except that all the men and woman are now dead.Thanos killed them all a few years back to retreat one of the stones."

I nod. All those poor women,men and children. Gone. For what. A selfish monster.

"So. The reason I called you up here is because I wanted to tell you about somebody. There is a new leader. She goes by Valkyrie."

I raise an eyebrow "She?"

"I was thinking... In between your little saving galaxy round trips, I thought you'd be a great sidekick for this one. She's smart,fast and has a sense of humour. She reminds me of you."

I raise and eyebrow grinning "oh is that so agent fury?"

"Carol,Can we be serious here for a second damn."

"Ok sorry go ahead." I laugh holding my stomach.

"So. When you have the time on your hands Today id like you to speak with Thor. He-"

I jump at the loud boom that occurs behind me.

"LADY CAROL. AH WHAT A PLEASURE TO SEE YOU AGAIN."

I sigh. It's Thor. His voice bounces off the walls leaving a loud echo.

"Hello Thor."

He Comes up and embraces me. Tightly. Very tightly. I groan hugging him back...but making sure I give him a shock as I place my hand on his back.

He jumped from the static "Ow! Don't make me drop my beer."

"Thor how many bottles have you had?" I asked pinching my nose.

I wasn't really big on drinking. At least not now. Last time I remember having a bottle it was back in the mid 90s with Maria.

"Oh you know. Just a couple bottles. Maybe 11,12?"

"Thor!" Fury yelled

"Yes sorry. How may I help your Midgard self?" He gave him a wide smile,squinting his eyes.

"I'm going to need you to find the Valkyrie and introduce these two. I believe they will finish tasks fast and work great together."

"So you want an eye glowing photon blasting woman working with my beloved friend who uses only weapons and a smart brain..."

I hit Thor in the arm.
"Don't compare me to others. Everyone needs to be looked at equally the same. Maybe Think of it more as a mentality thing."

"Exactly." Fury added agreeing with my statement.

"Alright! I just have to tell my little panda friend. I was planning too go see her anyway. Come along my fellow friend!"

I smile at fury.

"Don't Mess this up." He whispered to me.

"When do I ever?"