Chapter 7

"Well before I answer that. I think for the benefit of the both of us...we should maybe for your sake get to know each other a little more."

"Let's do a picnic tomorrow."

"With what supplies?" I laughed

Val pointed to the sheets. "Well we have our blankets."

I throw my head back laughing.
"Sure. Whatever you say."

"I'm tired I'm going to bed. Scoot it."

Val plops onto the bed next to me instantly falling asleep. I laid down,sinking into the bed. I looked up at the ceiling. I wonder what's gonna happen tomorrow? I thought to myself. After speculating scenarios in my head, I slowly drift off into a peaceful sleep.

~

I open my eyes,blinking continuously trying to adjust to the bright light beaming in my face. I cover my hand with my eyes and squint. It's bright as day outside.

"What time is it?" I whisper to myself.

I look over to the clock and it reads 1:37 pm. I cursed to myself. I look over and see Val sound asleep. My hand meets her arm,slightly shaking her.

"Good afternoon." I whisper into her ear.

She groans,rolling over and wrapping her arms around me.

"Get up!" I laughed.

"5 more minutes..."

"No! It's almost 2 pm. We've slept nearly 10 hours!"

Val's Head shoots up. "2 pm?!"

"Well hello sleepy head."

She playfully hit my arm.
"You still want to do that picnic?" She yawned.

"Isn't that what we agreed on?" I asked,raising a brow.

"Come on. Let's go. chop chop."

I chuckled. "Look at who's rushing me now."

Val unclips her hair and let's it drop down past her shoulders. It was voluminous.

"Your hair got really long."

"Mine? Have you seen yours?"

I sighed pulling a strand in front of my face. "I know. I need a haircut."

"I can do it later today." She smiled grabbing the bed sheets.

"Really? Should I trust you."

"Carol I'm not gonna fuck up your hair. Maybe in a different situation." She smirked,winking at me.

"Oh my goodness! Val really?!" I grab a pillow and throw it at her.

"I'm only kidding!!" She laughed.

Val grabbed my hand and dragged me out the hotel room. "Come on let's go find a park." She said running to the elevator.

After about 10 minutes of walking around with a big blanket we finally found a park. You can tell we weren't from here. We were dressed different,we carried a huge bed sheet with us and we definitely did not look like the civilians. We were super loud,making jokes and laughing like maniacs.

"Right there's a good spot!" I said pointing to the greenery.

"There's nobody here." She said setting the blanket down.

"Good. We have some time to ourselves." I smiled.

"Look oranges!" Val said pointing out an orange tree.