Chapter 3

One drink after another. I watched her chug her soul away.

"Oh my gosh!" I laughed covering my face.

"ANOTHER! On the rocks please." She yelled smirking at me.

I shook my head smiling like an idiot. She then looked at me furrowing her eyebrows. Her jaw drops.

"Have you not had one?!"

"I dont really drink. It's been years!" I yelled over the live band playing.

"Oh my goodness. Get over yourself...MAKE THAT TWO!" She yelled at the bar tender.

"No.no wait-" I said laying my hand on her shoulder.

She turned to me smirking as the bar tender slid the large glass into her hand. I hesitated as I turned to the man handing me the drink. I cringed looking at the amount of liquid dripping from the top. I embraced the heavy cup and set it down in front of me looking at val laugh her ass off.

"Are you ready? Let's see who finishes it first."

Personally I was very competitive. I swear she makes me want to bring my old self out. I've been so mature this past decade. Only focusing on duties. Work really does change you. But when I really snap out of it and think about it-when was the last time I actually enjoyed myself and had fun?

"When was the last time you had fun and actually got to be yourself?" She asked.

She literally read my mind.

"It's been a while..." I chuckled.

"Well shit! We're here in asgard now. A place where you be yourself and go bonkers!"

I processed her words. She's right. I need to live the moment. She looked at me waiting for a response.

I smirked and faced the bar tender.

"Get me two more of these."

Val was taken back. She put her hand on her chest as her eyes popped out.

I started chugging down the first drink and within seconds it was gone. I wiped my mouth and Grabbed the two others.

Val didn't even take a sip of her drink. She just stared at me,shocked at my actions.

After downing the two others I put my hand on my chest and let out an unattractive loud burp.

Val laughed,still eyeing me down as if I was some 'god'.

"I'm starting to like this side of carol." She smirked

I threw my head back laughing. I felt it coming. The dizziness. I tried to ignore it but slowly as the minutes past by everything started spinning. It's hitting me hard. I haven't drinked in ages.

"You alright?" Val stuttered. She was drunk herself. But me...I was wasted.

I zoned out and came back into reality by her touch. "What?"

"Were you not listening? I just rambled my heart out and told you a story!"

"Sorry. I'm kind of out of it." I yelled.

I swear the band was getting louder.
She noticed me looking towards the music.

"Wanna dance?" She said taking her hand out.

A few seconds later my delayed self responded.

"Let's do it!" I said getting up from the chair.

Of course I didn't succeed. I fell to my knees catching myself. Val fell too,but due to laughing at me.

"I'm okay!" I'm yelled. "Everything's alllll righttttt!"

Val helped me up and we disappeared into the crowd and danced our life away.

~

I woke up the next morning with a minor headache. Where am I? I found myself laying on a couch. Why do I smell eggs? I turn around to find Val cooking breakfast.

"Mornin sunshine." She said.

I get up from the couch and walk to the kitchen table.

"Where are we?" I said taking a seat.

She turns around. I was taken back by the fact that she was in a sports bra and sweats.

She smiled. "You're in my home."

I look around taking in the scents of food into the air.

"Hungry?" She asked in a high pitch voice

I nod,watching her pour the scrambled eggs into the small gold plate.

"Toast in comin up in a second sweetie." She smiled,sliding the plate to me.

The bread popped from the toaster. She caught it with one hand and put it next to my eggs.

"Thank you so much. This looks delicious."

"No problem,love."

I frowned in confusion "What's with all the nice nicknames?"

"Just in a good mood." She quickly said.

I squinted my eyes.
"And why is that?"

"I don't know. Is it a problem that I'm comfortable with you and calling you sweet things?"

"No. No,not at all."

There was a small pause.

"I like it." I whispered,hoping she didn't hear.

"Oh really?" She chuckled biting her fork.

I blush in embarrassment. She didn't need to hear that. That wasn't meant to be heard. She's really getting to me.

She sat down across from me,staring me down.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" She suspiciously asked.

"No. I don't remember anything." I laughed

She stayed quiet.

"Don't tell me I accidentally slept with you?" I said

She laughed.
"Nooo. No it didn't get like that!"

My face got red. I think I just put my self out there,a little too much.

"Ok good." I chuckled,trying to hide my nervousness.

"You sleep with woman?" She simply asked.

I scoffed.
"What are you talking about?!"

"Why would you asked a woman if you've slept with her?"

I stayed quiet.

"Is that your attraction?" She laughed

"It's not funny Val." I spit

She laughed even more "yes or no?!"

I put my fork down,clashing with the plate
"Yes. I'm into women. Is that an issue around here?!"

She laid back and slightly sunk into her chair. "Looks like we got somethin else in common."

I look up at her as she bit her fork even more. She really needs to stop doing that,it's distracting. She eyed me down,smiling.

"Ain't that surprising." I laughed

"Surprised you didn't get the gist of it the way I was lookin at you when we first met." She quickly stated. She got up and threw out her food.

I didn't know how to respond. Did she just admit to me she has interest? Maybe that's not what she meant. Am I still drunk? I laughed to myself.

"Don't think I didn't notice the way you were looking at me..." she whispered.