Chapter 17

Thor Walked into a cold quiet room. He was in London's hospital to visit an old friend who came to his mind. He sighed,hating that this was the place he had to visit to see them. He didn't think in a million years It'd be there. He knew something was wrong. He hadn't heard from the person in years.

Thor turned the cold handle,opening the door into a room of darkness. A little light peaked through the windows only leaving a dull hue in the middle of the room. There he saw a figure in the darkness. The figure was sitting on a bed,back hunched over holding onto a machine with many cords.

"Jane?" Thor asked.

"Thor. Son of Odin." She scoffed.
"How's life treating you?"

Thor couldn't see the face he was speaking too. She was in the shadows.

"It's uh...a little all over the place. But I'm fixing it back up again...how about you yourself."

Jane sighed,slowly stepping out of the shadows. Thor looked down at her feet. She took one step out of the darkness,the light bouncing off her pale legs.

He frowned,confused.

"Please don't be scared of me." She whispered.

Jane finally stepped into the light. She wore a gown,tubes connected to her arms. Her head shaved,Eyes light like hazel,bags under her eyes dark as can be.

Thor looked at her lips. No tint. Just blank. Pale,like the rest of her face.

"Jane...what... happened?" He asked,his voice suddenly trembling.

"I'm sick."

"From what? What happened to make you this sick?"

She stood quiet.
"Breast Cancer."

"What?"

"Breast Cancer,Thor. It's a common sickness here on earth."

"Why-why haven't I known about this-"

"Why do you think I broke up with you. I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE ME LIKE THIS."

"Jane. calm down. Please."

"I didn't want you to see me suffer."

"Jane. I could've helped you!"

"It's too late."

Thor walked up to Jane setting his hands on her shoulder. She looked at him.

"What happened to you?" She quietly asked.

They looked at each other in the eyes. She spoke up again.
"You're still in pain. I can see it in your eyes."

"Jane. Please. That happened a long time ago."

"Really? Did it though? Whatever it is. I know it will haunt you for the rest of your life. You're scared. You're traumatized...I mean look at you. Never in a million years I'd believe that you'd put yourself into that condition." She said pointing to his body.

"Okay,I'm working on that. But this isn't about me."

"How's Asgard?"

Thor stayed quiet. He chuckled.
"Asgard's gone. It's dead."

Jane looked at him,jaw dropped.
"What?! What do you mean it's dead?"

"My sister. Haha. She um. She kind of um. Was the cause of destroying it-but it's okay! Like father said...Asgard's a place. Not a people!" Thor smiled.
"And she destroyed my hammer! But my ant buddy created time travel. So I went back in time and got it back. Oh! And my little rabbit friend saw you! He stuck something in you for like this infinity stone juice-"

"Ok stop talking." She chuckled. "Sounds like you've done a lot,since the last time I saw you."

Thor nodded. Smiling at her presence.

Jane shook her head.
"And your brother? How's he doing."

Thor didn't respond. He took a few steps and sunked himself into the nearest chair.

He sniffed. "Do you have any alcohol around here? Any beer?"

"Thor stop." She said crawling back into bed.

Thor watched her struggle. He knew she wasn't going to make it for any longer being sick like that.

"Jane you need help."

"Why do you think I'm here. They give me chemo."

"Is that why you have no hair?"

She nodded.

"I want it back."

"Your hair?" Thor asked.

"No. The life I had."

"You're such a good person Jane. I don't understand how something this terrible can happen to you."

There was silence.
"Can I take you for a walk. Is that allowed here?"

Jane nodded.

~

"So why do you have your hammer with you?" Jane asked.

"Because It gets me places." Thor chuckled.

Jane laughed."is that how you got here?! You could've walked and burned a few calories."

"Ha.ha.ha. Very funny." He sarcastically said.

Thor set his hammer down and seated himself on the bench.

Jane sighed in frustration. Her mind overcoming with mixed thoughts.

She swallowed,squeezing her eyes shut as she clenched her fist. She wanted to avoid these thoughts. She didn't want to look or sound even more crazy. She looked up into the sky and down at her feet,nervously shaking.

"You know I miss us sometimes." she nodded,accepting her blurted statement.

Thor knew were this was going. "Jane. I'm not stable to be back with you. Look at me."

"Yea but-you know..me and you could've fixed this in Asgard."

"Jane...please. It's too late."

Jane couldn't accept that as an answer. As much as she knew she couldn't fix this she didn't want to hear it.

"No! You don't understand how mad I get when I know I could've fixed this. I could've fixed myself with you. But no. You had to go and leave and I lost my opportunity."

"Jane. You said it yourself. You broke up with me because of this. Why are you turning the tables."

"Because I would've never thought it would've gotten this bad."

Thor sighed,scratching his head. "I hate to say it but there's nothing we can do about it now. Asgard's gone."

"You know if you would've never freaking left!"

"Stop this now Jane!"

Jane glared at the hammer. Filling with rage. She walked up to it.

"If it weren't for this!!!" She screamed,gripping onto the mjlonir.

Thor stopped. His heart skipped a beat. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Never in a million years would he think he'd be witnessing something he never thought was possible.

It was Jane. In front of him.

Wielding the hammer.