Chapter 4

Before speaking to val my phone buzzed. I hesitated looking at the ID. It was fury. I wasn't in the mood to do a mission. It was early in the morning and my minor headache didn't help.
But. Like always, I answered.

"Carol."

"Yes fury?" I yawned. "It's 9 in the morning."

"Don't act like I've never called you at this time before."

I sighed. "What's up."

"Look it's Nothing to big. It's minor but can cause impact within our people. I need you and Valkyrie to get any type of information and demolish it."

"What are these things?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"From my research they seem to call them eviks. They're shapeshifters. Sound familiar?"He laughed.

I chuckled. "Just like skrulls hm."

"Yes and no. These don't turn into little green innocent people no. they turn into alienated monsters."

"How many are loose?"

"Two. This is why we need you there now. Shield is hosting a party later tonight and they seem to have us tracked. They'll most likely make an appearance. I need you two to be disguised so they don't recognize you. And before you ask,they know who you are. They've had an alliance with Ronan's army In the past."

"On it Fury."

I hang up the phone and turned to val.

"Val,fury-"

"Heard it. Let's go." She said changing into her amour.

After waiting for her to change,We head back to the ship.

"You take over the controls while I change out of these clothes."

"Gotcha." She winked.

I smiled and put on my amor. Even though we had to change later on,in respect when on shields grounds it's always preferred to be suited up.

After changing I plop into the passenger seat.

"So. What do you think they're going to make us wear?"

"There's only one way to find out." I smiled taking over the controls.

I grab the lever to the ship and push forward,trying to get to New York as fast as possible.

~

"You know I've never been here." Val whispered.

"Don't be nervous. See it as the first day of school." I giggled

She hit my arm.

"Danvers!" We heard someone yell.

"Hill." I smiled. "So who's dressing us up."

"Come follow me."

After minutes of walking in silence we finally made it to our destination. We were put into a large metallic grey room.

"We have to wait here for a minute but How's your guys day going?" Maria asked

Val nodded. "It's going pretty good. Lots of last minute situations but. Hey. Gotta get used to that."

"Yea. Expect a lot of that from us. This won't be the first time." She laughed. "It's your first shield mission correct?"

Val nodded.