Chapter 10

*Third POV*

After returning all the hostages to their homes,carol heads her way back to the hotel. Minutes before getting to her destination she falls to the ground in pain.

She was injured. Her leg was busted open from one of the blasts from earlier. Carol hesitated to look. She was too scared to see if she had been brutally hurt or in any sort of bad condition. She was worried Not only for herself but for V finding out.

Valkyrie.

She had forgotten about the note she had left for her to read. She wondered how much val was worried since she was now 'missing'.

"Shit." Carol cursed under her breath.

Carol tugged the fabric up her leg and revealed the wound. She was bleeding blue blood severely. She squeezed her eyes shut biting her lip. She never gets wounded. It wasn't normal for her to get injured in any way.

Carol laid down on the grass hoping nobody would see her.

"CAROL??!!"

She knew that voice.
"Fuck." She whispered,groaning.

It was Valkyrie.

"Carol. What the hell?!" She yelled running up to her.

"V...I can explain." Carol said attempting to stand up on her feet. She failed.

Val scoffed. "You left me!"

"It was only for your benefit! It was for your safety."

"I don't care about my safety I care about you. We teamed up for a reason!"

"I know val. But this...you wouldn't have survived. They even got me..."

Carol winced falling again. She put her hand over her wound,trying to avoid Valkyrie from seeing it.

V stood quiet frustrated as can be. "Carol...what happened."

"It's nothing. No stop!" Carol yelled,pushing her away.

V tried removing her hand from covering the wound.

"You're hurt?! What did they do!?" She yelled.

Carol tried pushing her again but val grabbed her wrist and locked them above her head.

"Listen to me. Push me again and I'm going to have to knock you out if I have too. Now...stay still and let me see. You are hurt carol. Stop trying to hide it."

Carol sighed,a tear streaming down her cheek. She didn't want her night to end up like this. She wished Valkyrie never found her.

Valkyrie lifted the fabric,her breath hitched. So much blood. Val sank back,shaking her head.

"Can you walk?" She blankly asked.

"Yes. But it's very painful."

Val sighed putting her head in her hands.

Carol sat up and rubbed her back. "I'll be healed by tomorrow-"

Val smacked her arms off her back and stood up.

"That's not the fucking point?!"

Her voice shook with barely controlled rage. She looked at carol,her eyes full of anger.

"Even if it was 'that bad' I could've at least saved the hostages! But no. You want to sit here giving me high hopes for the past day telling me we were going to have a peaceful harmless week! And now look. I was over here calling and CALLING. I had to track you down. And what did you do?! You ignored me and left me worried sick!"

Carol looked down at her feet not knowing how to respond. She wasn't wrong. She was right. Carol was wrong for what she did. She looked back up at Valkyrie reaching for her.

"Val please..."

"No! I don't know how to take this in. Trying to calm me down right now is not the best idea." She raised her arm and pointed at carol.

"I was so worried..." Val whispered.

And those were her last words for the night. Valkyrie picked up carol and headed back to the hotel. She cleaned up her wound without saying a word to her. She didn't know what to say. She felt betrayed in a way. She started sinking into doubt,thinking that carol didn't trust her. But she couldn't go that far into her head,she knew she was taking it to an extent. Carol apologized multiple times but Valkyrie stayed quiet for the rest of the night.

A/N Thank you guys so much for 1K! I appreciate the support❤️