Chapter 5

After speaking with fury the next morning I remembered me and Val's conversation last night. She seems to really care for me. I don't mean to sound conceited in a way but I think I might be all she has now that Thor's gone. I don't really know much about her past but I have a feeling it's not good. Her little remarks came to thought. Those little comments she made about me these past couple of days.

"You have me on my knees Carol"

"guess we got something in common."
When that statement was made,She basically came out to me. She hinted that she was also into women. I really wonder how things will fall forward with us. We both know and are too scared to say that there is a connection we have. Since the day we first laid eyes on each other,There's always been something there. But the question is...should I run with it. Or should I stop distracting myself and focus on my job. Nothing lasts forever.

I needed to see her. Shes in the ship.

I change into a casual outfit. Boots,Denim jeans,a band tee and my signature leather jacket. I blow the short strands of hair out of my face.

After walking up the stairs,I open the door to the roof. There it was. Our ship. The door was left open.

I quietly walk in,holding my grip on the walls.

And there she was. Sound asleep. She was still in her dress but her added accessory was a couple of empty bottles surrounding her. I squat down near her and stroke her hair out her face.

"V?" I whisper,lightly shaking her.

She jumped up,and kicked me in the stomach causing me to fly back into the wall behind me.

"Oh my gosh!" She covered her mouth.

I sat there and groaned,holding my stomach. She ran to me. "I am so sorry I just- I was having a bad dream and my first instinct was-"

I put my index finger over her mouth and started laughing.
"Geez Valkyrie. It's ok."

She stroked my face. "I'm truly sorry. Are you hurt?"

"No. But you got good instincts for someone who just woke up." I joked.

She laughed,shaking her head. She stood up and gave me a hand. As I was pulled up from the ground we bumped chests. Her face was centimeters away from mine. My breath hitched as I could feel hers on my cheeks. She stared at my lips.

I broke the silence. "Um. I came to talk about last night."

She turned and sat down on the floor.
"Yea,what about it?"

"I'm sorry."

"I wanted to apologize too. I didn't mean to say those things-"

"I know,I know. But you're right. You're completely right. I thought about what you said a lot last night and you're not wrong,I have to admit."

She looked at me with a soft smile.

I kept on rambling. "It's just I'm so used to...Work.Work.Work. I never really get to depend on myself. I'm always following orders of some sort and getting missions done."

"So get away for a bit. You need a break carol. And this is coming from someone with the same background. I always felt like I had to wake up and Finish a mission. Every single day. But then the day came and I realized the better for myself. It's not always about pleasing others." She smirked.

"Yea...you're right."

It was silent. I had to come up with something. I was afraid to bring up the topic of our interests."

"Um V,I wanted to talk about something...serious in a way."

Her head shot up. She knew where I was going with this.

"Go ahead." She said raising an eyebrow.

"So you made a comment the other day. You said-"

Then my phone rang.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath.

It was fury.

"Hi Fury. How are you?"

"Doing Great. Thank you again for completing the task last night. News got to me that thor wants you guys to meet you in Paris? He said he needed help with something."

"Is that fine with you? What if their are more tasks to be done."

"Carol...you've done enough and The way your team up works is a first come first serve type thing. There's never a mission planned for the future. Well only need you two when somethings occurring at the moment."

I paused. "Oh- so like last minute 'I need extra help'  type shit."

There was a long pause. What I said was pretty accurate.

"Anyways. Thor wants you there by the evening."

"Ok got it." I hung up the phone.

"What happened?" V asked.

I smiled. "We're going to Paris!"

"For what sort of mission?"

"I don't think it's for a mission. Thor wants to meet there."

Val's chuckled. "Oh really?! This is going to be interesting.