Chapter 16

"You Know it feels good waking up next to you without worrying about any urgencies to come."

"I thank the skrulls for that." Carol laughed,pulling the blanket closer.

Valkyrie held carol tighter swooping her leg over hers. She kissed her head.

"You smell so good." Valkyrie whispered.

Carol laughed. "You're weird."

"What? I'm just taking in your scents!"

"You don't see me smelling your hair and starting a conversation about it."

Valkyrie stayed quiet. Carol bursted out laughing,pushing her off of her.

"I'm just kidding V. It's cute."

Valkyrie winced,holding onto her waist.

"What is it love?"

"It's just my wound. It's almost done healing but I can still feel some pain."

Carol frowned at the thought. She hated the fact that she went through hell and back trying to bring back Valkyrie to a normal state after what happened. It was yon roggs fault for her injuries.
"Don't remind me. I'm glad I killed him. He died for what he did. He deserved it."

*FLASHBACK*

"Hey! Shield people! Help my friend. She's in bad shape. She needs a doctor!" Thor yelled.

Him and carol carried Valkyrie as she dragged on her feet.

Three shield members came running towards them.

"Called for help?!" One of them yelled,getting closer.

Carol nodded. She looked back at Valkyrie who was losing grip of her arm over carols shoulder. She had fallen to the ground.

"Shit! Valkyrie stay with me please. Please help! Hurry!"

The three women came and put her onto a stretcher.

Me and Thor followed as they rolled her into the nearest room.
***
"Will she be okay?" Carol asked,a tear streamed down her cheek.

The nurse put her hand on carols shoulder,caressing it.
"Yes. She will probably wake up in a couple days. We cleaned the wound. Everything's fixed. We almost lost her."

Carol sighed in relief. She ignored the last few words in the woman's sentence. As long as she was okay. That's all that mattered.

Carol put her head back onto the wall behind her,staring at the ceiling. Her tears dried and she slightly smiled.

"Everything's going to be okay." She said to herself.

*PRESENT*

"Don't remind me. Ugh. I'm glad I killed him. He died for what he did. he deserved it."

Val looked away,changing the subject.

"So. Did you hear about thors little friend."

"What 'Little' friend? Don't tell me he found another raccoon."

Val laughed. She shook her head.

"No,no. It's...a girl."

Carols head shot up,she frowned.
"Why'd you say it like that."

"Because. Thor and a GIRL? Tell me how that's compatible?"

Carol chuckled.
"And whos this girl? What does she look like?"

Valkyrie shrugged. "To be honest,I have no clue. But he did say he's known her for quite a while."

"So then shouldn't you know her too?"

"See now that's the weird part. I guess she wasn't in the picture when I first met Thor."

Carol took in what she said,only to be confused. It made no sense. How has thor been bragging about a girl who hasn't been in his life for the last couple of years?

"What's her name?"

V shut her eyes trying to think. "Something...Foster? I cant remember. Judy? No...I don't know."

"Hm. Strange."

"But one thing he did say is that she's not who she is anymore? Which threw me off even more." V laughed.

"You know how Thor is sometimes. He makes no sense. Maybe all of this is just a silly joke of his. He's talking out his ass."

"I don't know carol. He seemed pretty serious about this one."

Carol smiled,shaking her head. Valkyrie gasped.

"I remember!!!!" She yelled.

"Huh?"

"I remember her name! I remembered it!"

"Oh my gosh. You scared me." Carol laughed.
"Ok..then what was her name?"

"JANE! It was Jane."

"Jane?"

Valkyrie nodded,the ends of her smile almost touching her ears.

"Jane Foster."