[7] Cornered.

ZYLAN'S POV

"Zylan?"

"Hmm?"

"You're not gonna leave me right?"

"No."

"Promise?"

"I promise. I won't leave you, no matter what happens..." I kissed her lips as an assurance.

I woke up. Damn! That memory always playing in dreams. I don't want to remember that night. The night where I promised her. Turns out, she's the one who'll left me in the end.

I hate her. No words can describe how painful it was to see her leave me and Lynx but what can I do? It came from her own mouth that she never loved me. That she was forced to be a mother because of me.

I sighed. That was in the past. Nothing will change if I won't move on.

****

"Hey master!" Winter greeted me.

"Seriously? Did you swallowed a megaphone? My eardrums will explode if you do that again!" Ace commented while rubbing her ears.

"Yow! master, Laine continue asking us about you since yesterday. She won't give up." Kent complained. He's the only one that Laine has contact to me.

"I don't give shit about her. She's not worthy of my attention." I rolled my eyes.

We're walking to the parking lot. It's where we can play our phones and I'll play some games on my phone. I just want to relax before listening to those boring classes later.

****

The school is over. I went home since I want to rest now. I didn't see Sydney the whole day and that's a good thing. I don't want to talk to her anyway.

I arrived at the mansion. The maids greeted me. I parked my car on the garage and get out. I walked up to the door but something is not right. I shooked my head, that's impossible.

When I opened the door, I saw Mom and Dad. They're talking and had smiles on their faces.

"Hey dear, you're home finally!" Mom said.

"Hey mom, where's Lynx?" I asked when I didn't see Lynx. She usually waiting for me here, playing with her toys on the floor.

"Oh, she's upstairs." Dad replied, a smile written on his face.

I went upstairs. I can't believe that Lynx wasn't waiting for me. That kinda disappointed me.

When I open the door, I saw Lynx, carrying by someone. The person has a long hair. Her back is facing me. Don't tell me she's one of my ex-flings? Cause if it's yes, I'll throw her out of the house. Believe me.

"Dada!" Lynx called me as she saw me standing a few steps away from them.
The person carrying her turns around to face me. When I saw her face, I just want to walk out.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I walked up to her and took Lynx from her.

"Zylan, please let's talk."

"Seriously, Laine? Stop pestering me! I'm not interested to you but you're so persistent!" I said.

"I can hold her! You saw that right?" She said and hold my arm. I placed Lynx on her crib and I waled up to Laine and grabbed her arm. I pulled her out of my room, downstairs.

Mom and Dad saw me and they stood when they saw what I'm doing.

"Zylan! What're you doing?" Mom asked.