[5] Stay For Tonight

SYDNEY'S POV

"She's beautiful." I said.

"You already said that four times now." Zylan chuckled.

"I can't help it."

Lynx is sleeping now, between me and Zylan. She looks so peaceful. I can't help but to smile. I don't want to go and leave her again......them.

"It's almost 8 in the evening, are you still not going home?" Zylan asked. I checked my phone and she's right, it's quarter to 8 and my dad will be mad at me.

I heard Zylan yawned. She's tired already. I looked at her, her eyes are almost closed. I sighed. I'll stay here for tonight.

"I think I'll stay here tonight." I said.

"Tell your parents first before you do it. To make sure that they won't get worried where you're staying at." She said. I nodded. Well, she has a point.

I took out my phone and called my Mom. Dad can be busy right now

["Hello?"]

"Hey mom."

["Sweetie? Where are you? It's almost 8 and you're still not home."]

"I'll be staying at my friend's house tonight."

["Who?"] I can sense her overprotective side on her tone.

"Zylan."

It became silent for a second before she speaks.

["Say hi to my grandchild there. Take some pictures too!"] My eyes widened. I didn't expect that.

"Yeah mom, I will. Just tell Dad I'm staying here." And I hung up.

I placed my phone in my bag. Mom's reaction are too far from what I expected. She's yearning to see Lynx.

"So? What did they say?" Zylan asked. I took off my shoes.

"Mom says it's fine. She'll just tell Dad about it."

"That's good, at least they know where you're staying tonight." She took off her pants and hung it.

"Where are you going to sleep? Here? Or guestroom?" I wanted to say guestroom but I don't want to miss this chance to sleep with Lynx. I laid to the bed and wrapped my arm again around my little daughter's body. I inhaled her scent again. It's so calming.

Zylan stood up from the bed and took off her pants. Now she's just wearing a white sando and black boxers. I can't help to stare at her for a moment.

"Aren't you gonna change your clothes? You know, to be more comfortable?" She asked, my eyebrows knitted at her sentence. I don't have any clothes. I remember that I took all of my things here. She understood my expression.

"You left a night gown here two years ago." What she said just made my eyes widened.

"W-what??"

"If you want it, it's in the walk-in closet. You can look for it, just don't mess up my clothes in there." Zylan said and she went to the bed and laid down. She closed her eyes.

I can't stop myself. I want to change to more comfortable clothes and I'll wear that night gown, just for tonight.

I stood up and went to walk-in closet. I looked around and saw my black night gown hanging in there, in the back where it's hard to see it.

I changed my clothes, this is great. More comfortable to sleep. I went back to the bed and laid there. I stared at them. Lynx got most of her features from her Daddy. They look so adorable. I can't help myself but to take out my phone and took a picture of them. I placed it back. I'm here going to sleep. With my daughter sleeping, between me and her Daddy.

****

ZYLAN'S POV

*phone vibrates*

Ugh! Seriously?! It's the middle of the night! Who the fuck is that caller?

I sat up. I took my phone on the side table and open it. I saw Kent's number. What does he want? I tapped the answer button and placed it beside my ear.

"The fuck do you want?!" I whispered because I have Lynx and Sydney who's sleeping peacefully here. But I made sure it's still in annoyed tone.

["Master! Are you awake?"]

"No, I'm not. I'm just sleeptalking that's all. What is it?" Ugh, this guy will get a punch when I see him tomorrow.

["Sorry if I disturb you but your ex-fling is here!"]

"Tell her, get lost! I won't waste my time on this non sense!" And I ended it.

"Who is it?" Oh, fuck. I woke her up.

"It's nothing." I placed back my phone and laid down. I yawned. I don't care about flings anymore. Don't they know how to move on? Seriously?

****

KENT'S POV

I'm dead! Oh no! I'm seriously dead! Zylan is mad when I called her phone. Knowing her, she doesn't want any disturbance in her rest time.

"So where is she?" This girl keep pestering me. I managed to escape from Megan and now, this crazy woman?

"She's busy."

"You're lying!" She shouted and walked out. If you think that she'll fall for your schemes, sorry. Zylan already hurt by someone before, you can never fool her.

****

DRAKE'S POV

"What is this Drake?!" Dad exclaimed.

I shrugged my shoulders. I'm not interested to talk to my parents. They will only call me when I did something wrong but if everything is fine, they don't give a damn about me. I walked out. I let my sister deal with them.

I went to my room and locked it. I'll just play Resident Evil 6 on my very own PS4. I'll let my myself cool off for a while.

****

SYDNEY'S POV

The next morning, I woke up when I felt someone shaking me in my shoulder.

I opened my eyes, trying to adjust fron the light. When my vision is fine, I saw Lynx on her crib, playing her toy. It's like a rubber toy for babies.

"Wake up, we have to go school." Zylan reminded. I was frozen for a moment, realizing I don't have any clothes to wear!

"Shoot. I have to go home, I need to get new clothes--"

"I called your mansion to deliver you new set of clothes to wear. Here." She gave me a paper bag. I checked it and saw my clothes, even my underwear. I felt my cheeks heated up. I kinda feel embarrased now. I'll just thank Zylan later.

---

Music- Stay the night by Zedd ft. Hayley Williams